0.5

'Now class, I want you to tell me what you think these are.' Mr. Irwin said, pointing at the smart board that showed a whole bunch of instruments.

Clearly it a was a joke. Everyone would raise their hands and shout out instruments but the answer was clearly something different. But of course Madison's hand flung up first and everyone was eager to hear her answer.

'Madison.' Mr. Irwin said, pointing at Madison.

'Those are instruments.' She smiled, and everyone began laughing around her. 'Hey! That's what they are!' She yelled, getting upset.

'Yes Madison they are, but to other people they are something else.'

'Like an escape or passion?' I called out, covering my mouth the second I spoke.

'Very good Chloe.' Mr. Irwin smiled.

'Okay how come she's your fucking perfect student?' Madison cried out, turning and giving me a look of disgust. Where the hell is this coming from?

'Madison, I don't believe I like your tone.' Mr. Irwin said, raising his voice a bit. 'Now if you would please leave my class and come back tomorrow with a better attitude.'

Madison huffed, picking up her backpack and storming out of the room. I looked up at Mr. Irwin and mouthed thank you to him.

He nodded slightly so no one would notice and then he continued on with the lesson.

Music class ended and I didn't talk to Mr. Irwin, instead I went to go confront Madison for being a real bitch last period. I walked up to her locker and tapped her on the shoulder.

'What the hell was that about?' I asked, watching her turn and face me.

'Seriously? It's fucking obvious Chloe!' She yelled, gaining everyone's attention.

'I don't understand?' I said quietly, hoping everyone would ignore our argument.

'He loves you Chloe! Your a fucking perfect student! I mean, the guitar lessons, damn it Chloe your amazing at guitar! You don't need lessons!'

I was quiet, I didn't know how to answer nor react.

She leaned in and whispered in my ear, 'And I know your fucking him too.' And with that she walked away with a devilish smile in her face, leaving me there speechless and full of panic.

-

'So she knows?' Ashton asked, resting his chin on his hands as he leaned on his desk.

'Yeah. But I don't know how!' I yelled, as I was internally panicking.

'Sh, Chloe, we'll be okay.' Ashton said, standing up and pulling me into a hug.

'Its like she's trying to make my life a living hell.' I said, now crying into his chest.

'I won't let that happen.'

'You say that, but she could ruin your career and send you to jail!' I yelled, 'I can't let that happen.'

'Chloe, your almost 18,' He began, 'You'll be graduating after this year and then we can be together.'

'Okay.' I nodded, pulling away from his embrace and grabbing my bag.

'Where are you going?' He asked.

'Home, I just need to think.' I replied.

'Do you want me to come over later? I can bring over dinner.'

'Sure.' I smiled, wiping the remaining tears on my face, 'I'd love that.'

I began to walk out the door when I remembered Ashton had my keys.

'Can I have my car keys back by any chance?' I asked.

'Oh, yeah.' He laughed, 'I forgot.'

'Thanks.' I smiled, 'Bye Ashton.'

-

I pulled into my driveway to see an unfamiliar car in there. I unbuckled my seatbelt and made my way into the house. I opened the front door and saw a familiar face.

'Dad!' I yelled, rushing over to him and giving him a huge hug.

'Hi pumpkin!' He said, hugging me back.

'What are you doing here?' I asked, completely overjoyed by this surprise.

'Well, your mother is out of town so-'

'So she flew you our here from America to take care of me? Unbelievable.' I said, not slightly annoyed that she didn't trust me.

'Chloe, that's not why I'm here.' He stated, 'I just wanted to spend time with my girl.'

'That's so sweet dad, but you didn't have to fly all the way out here.' I smiled, setting my bag on the couch.

'I know, but I thought it would be fun! I might even consider moving down here.'

'Dont do that!' I yelled, 'I mean, I want to go to college in America, it's better if your there than here.'

'Oh that's right, I forgot you wanted to move out there.' He laughed, 'Sounds great. Can't wait for you to graduate.'

'Me neither.' I sighed, taking off my shoes and throwing them in the closet. 'So you staying at a hotel or something?'

'Well I was hoping I could stay here.'

'Oh sure! There's like 3 guest bedrooms upstairs.' I laughed, 'I'll take your suitcases.'

'Thanks pumpkin.' He smiled, sitting back down on the couch. I made my way upstairs and set his luggage on the bed of one of the bedrooms.

I went into my room and quickly changed into sweatpants and a tank top, making my way back downstairs I heard my dad yelling at someone.

'Who are you? And why are you here to see my daughter?!' He yelled, as I rushed down the stairs. I looked and noticed Ashton was standing there with brown bags of food. His eyes travelled from my dad to me.

'Dad stop, this is Ashton.'

'Ashton? Okay, Ashton why are you here?' He asked sternly.

'Dad, stop.' I pleaded, 'He's just a friend. We were just going to hang out. I didn't know you were going to be here.'

'Just a friend? How old are you?'

'Twenty-'

'Twenty.' I said, cutting off Ashton.

'Too old, get out.' My dad said, taking a step towards Ashton. My dad wasn't a scrony guy, he was in the navy for twenty five years, so he knows how to kick an ass.

'Fine, I'll see you tomorrow Chloe.' Ashton said, giving me a pissed off and hurt look.

-

I stayed in my room for the rest of the night, texting and calling Ashton numerous times, but he kept ignoring me.

To Ash:

Please answer me.

I didn't know he'd be here

I'm so sorry.

Daddy please.

The last text made him automatically respond.

From Ash:

Daddy needs you princess. You can't just do that to me.

To Ash:

I know Daddy I'm sorry, I'll be over to yours in a few. xx

And with that, I made sure my dad was sound asleep and I climbed out the window and began walking to Ashton's.

--------------

Double update.

Your welcome.

I love this book.

And you.

You're beautiful.

~Dani