1. 𝐔𝐧𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬

It was exhausting staring at the computer screen, the bright light burned my eyes as i scrolled through the messages again. Rereading the words over and over again until they were burned into my brain, until i knew them like the back of my hand.

Pushing the glasses on top of my head, i leaned back in the chair. Hours went by since the last time i got up and I'm pretty sure I've heard my mother leave for work. Pushing the chair back and ignoring the sound of it scratching the floor, i got up and walked over to the window that was on the opposite wall of my desk.

Grabbing the rough material of the curtains, i pushed them open only to be blinded by the morning sun. I groaned and rubbed my eyes, walking back to the desk i glanced at the time before turning the monitor off.

6.31 am.

This has been my life for the past year, staying up all night and sitting in the desk chair for hours at the time, forgetting my whole life. My days that were spent with me studying or spending time with my friends were now spent with me locked in my room, learning all the ways i could actually go through with everything i planned on doing.

It was never on purpose, losing myself that is. I did not completely butcher my senior year on purpose, i did not want to trade the once loving relationship with my mother for the longing looks and pity sighs.

Taking the glasses off of my head and throwing them on the desk with a sigh, i stood up straight and looked around my room for a hoodie. Finding the dark blue clothing item, i threw it over my head before exiting my room.

"I almost started thinking you were dead."

The squeaky voice of my sister made my head snap up, she was leaned against the kitchen island, a bowl of cereal sat in front of her. Natalie was a sweetheart, the youngest child every parent wanted, but definitely not a sister every kid wanted.

Natalie was not a trouble child, she was an academic weapon and even though i was so close to graduating as a valedictorian, Natalie finishing her freshman year with almost all A's was definitely more impressive to our mother.

But, nevertheless our relationship was as every other sibling relationship was. I would kill for her and she would die for me. At least i hoped so.

"Ugh, i wish." i mumbled as walked past her and towards the fridge, after receiving a snort from Natalie i threw a scrunched up note that was held up on the fridge with a magnet at her. The note read just a simple:

'take your sister to school, the gas money is on the counter. - love you, mom.'

"Don't let mom hear you, she's gonna freak." Natalie warned in a joking tone as she walked past me and placed the now empty bowl in the sink.

Ignoring her words, i finally opened the fridge, my eyes scanning the condiments for the apple juice, "What time do you have to be at school?"

A muffled grumble left her lips as she shoved her face in her hands, i frowned while closing the fridge door, the apple juice container nowhere to be found.