1.

•Tory

"Tory, my sweet it's time to get up! You have to go to uni today!" Sonya yelled out, she was obviously excited, I wasn't.

Not one bit. I just groaned back as a response to Sonya, "Don't make me get Gramps!" She threatened, oh no.

"I'm up, I'm up, I swear!" I yell, running from my bed over to my wardrobe, choosing out my clothing for the day.

It was my first day at NYCU, Nanna, Gramps and I had stayed at a hotel overnight so I could go to college the next day, which was today. I could hear Nanna's feet walking up the hallway, she expected highly of me in school, and I always made her expectations rise, every year.

"Good you're up, some bacon and pancakes will be ready when you come into the kitchen, can you hurry up a bit please though, we have to go soon."

We had brought my car, and Gramps's car, I was taking mine to NYCU and Gramps and Nanna were taking their car home. Back to Oregon, I had lived there with them for the past 3 years, I didn't hate it but it was different to Australia.

Yes I was from Australia, I ran away from home, Sonya picked me up from the side of the road, she was visiting family there in Sydney, she was on her way back to the airport, she bought me a ticket and we came back to Gramps.

I was happy there, happier than I had ever been anywhere else, even when my mom was alive.

We all piled into the car after I had grabbed some bacon, I was dressed in high top white converse, dark blue denim jeans and a plain white buttons up short sleeves shirt. I paired my shirt with a thin black cardigan.

As we drove, I grabbed my earphones and plugged them into my charged phone, listening to Air Guitar by McBusted. Soon enough Sonya had pulled into the massive parking lot of NYCU, there wasn't many parks left, Nanna and Gramps just pulled into a disabled park, pushing they're sticker up on the window.

I jumped out, walking toward the front if the car, and kissed Nanna and Gramps in their cheeks through the open windows, I picked up my bag and made my way over to where I saw people filing in.

The leaves that scattered the pavement, crunched beneath my feet and everyone else's, I noticed that I was following everyone into an auditorium, I walked in and went straight up the back, I sat next to a girl who had her black hair braided and flipped to one side, her eyes were the colour of the dusk sky and her skin was as clear and pale, as a vampire.

She noticed the movement next to her and turned to face me, her eyes instantly my focal point, she had quite a large chest, but she had tucked it away beneath a white I ❤️ SF jumper, she held out her hand, "I'm Danielle Jayne, but everyone calls me DJ, so you can too." DJ spoke with a smile, I grasped her hand with mine, "I'm Tory Johnson." I reply, my Australian accent shone through in my words, I had only been in America for 3 years so my accent was still there.

"Are you-" DJ started but got cut off by the Head Mistress.

"Welcome students, I'm Head Mistress Hathaway, I expect silence while the Professor is speaking," she spoke loudly so we could all hear her, "I'll be in my office if you'll be needing me." she spoke quietly now, only the Professor could hear what she said after that.

"Hello students, I'm Mr Tanner this year I'll be-" Mr Tanner had started to talk, the doors that had been closed were now open wide with 3 extremely hot guys from what I could see.

DJ gasped and leaned over to the guy next to her. He had blond curly hair, he had a bandanna at the front, tied at the back. his eyes were golden and he fingers that were holding the pencil, were long and tense, they relaxed after DJ whispered something to him.