Chapter 6. Gouenji Yuuka

"Thank you sensei for helping me recover so quickly."

The news was out. Shuuya officially got green light to practice with us at the end of the week, which meant he had a whole week to prepare for our match against Teikoku.

"Ofcourse, Shuuya-kun. Now be careful and good luck with the tournament." All three of us stood up and the doctor and Shuuya shook hands before Shuuya left the office with me.

"I am so glad it all turned out well. Means we get to take on a duel soon enough." I joked as we walked through the hallway back to the elevators.

"I'll take you up on that. My Fire Tornado is going to be much stronger than Someoka's hissatsu, though." He smiled at me daringly as we entered an empty elevator. I wanted to press the button to the ground floor, but Shuuya stopped me and pressed another one instead.

"There is something I want to do first before we leave," was all he said and I just decided to roll with it. The floor we were headed to was the Pediatric department, meaning we were probably on our way to see his dad, the head of Peds in this hospital.

"Are we going to see your dad?"

He was not answering, giving back the same vibe we had when we sat in the grass earlier this afternoon.

It was something personal. Are we going to talk with his dad? Is there something between those two? They could be fighting?! Then why am I coming?

I hadn't even noticed the doors had opened again, since Shuuya took my hand to pull me outside before the doors closed again.

"Wake up. This is something serious."

Instead of letting go of my hand, he kept holding it as he led me the way through the pediatrics ward. I was just watching the expression on his face, not really caring where we were going.

I hadn't seen him like this before and it kind of scared me. There was sadness, anger, but also a little fear and anxiety. Then we stopped in the middle of a hallway, obviously not where his dad's office would be.

I chuckled awkwardly. "Why are we stopping here, Shuuya? Your dad's office is obviously-" Then my eyes fell on the name card on the door next to us.

Gouenji Yuuka.

Fear strook me as I was trying to process what was happening. Yuuka was in the hospital? What happened that she ended up here? Was she sick? How come I was never told?

Shuuya squeezed my hand to make me look up at him. "She will be so happy to see you." He opened the door and as a zombie I let myself be pulled inside.

My loud gasp filled the room as I saw the unconscious body of Shuuya's adoring little sister lying in the bed. I let go of his hand and walked over, kneeling down and holding her hand.

This little girl meant so much to me. When we were younger she was the younger sister I always wished I had. And I was so curious to see how she had grown up.

"W-what happened?" I asked, trying to gasp for some air.

"She got into a car accident.... She healed up quite good, but has been in a coma ever since."

Tears filled my eyes to think about the pain she must have had and how hard she must be fighting right now to wake up. After a few minutes of silence I stood up and turned around to look Shuuya in the eyes.