Chapter Three

FIVE 'WARLOCK' kicks his apartment door open with his foot as he quickly walks through with a girl hanging in his arms.

He walks over to his couch and gently lays her down, kneeling beside her and moving her hair out of her face.

"Y/N? Can you hear me?" Five places his hands on her shoulders and lightly shakes her.

The girl suddenly shoots up with a gasp, finally being able to breathe in clear air again.

The girl breathes heavily and looks around her unfamiliar surroundings until her eyes land on Five.

"What? Where the hell am I?" Y/N nervously asks.

She pushes herself off the couch and stands up but she would've fallen into the glass table in front of her if Five hadn't grabbed her and sat her back down.

"You're at my apartment." Five states.

He shoves his hands into his trouser pockets and walks behind the couch.

He walks into his kitchen where he fills a glass of cold water up and hands it to Y/N.

"I was watching the robbery from outside the bank when I noticed the building on fire. I also seen you look out the window and I knew you were stuck." He explains as Y/N takes small sips of the water.

"By the time I had gotten you out, your family had left." Y/N almost chokes on her water at that.

She leans forward and placed the cup onto the table.

"They.. left?" Y/N frowns slightly and leans back into the couch, pulling her knees up to her chest.

Five feels a pang of guilt in his chest but shakes it off and slowly sits down beside her.

"I don't understand.. why would they just leave me there?" She rhetorically asks herself in a whisper.

Five shakes his head with a clenched jaw and looks over at her.

"They're horrible people, Y/N.. not worth your time." He sighs.

Y/N nods in agreement and looks over at him.

His eyes were starting straight ahead of him, a deep frown creases on his forehead as it he was in a deep and stressful thought.

"Thank you." The girl quietly says, making the boy look over at her.

The hard look on his face softens when his eyes meet hers.

"For saving me.. if it weren't my for you, I'd be.." Y/N trails off.

Knowing she was only knocking at deaths door a few hours ago, made her feel internally sick.

The dark haired boy shifts slightly in his seat and moves his body to face Y/N.

"You're apart of the Sparrow Academy.. don't you all have abilities?" That question alone made Y/N's stomach slightly drop.

"You don't have to explain.. but I was just curious.." Five adds on, seeing the drop in her eyes.

The girl shakes her head slightly and takes a deep breath.