Sporty and the apple pt.3

Sportacus and the apple were eating breakfast, even though it was a little late, they still needed their energy for what was left of the day. "So why did you come home so late last night, Sporty?" The apple demanded. Sportacus hesitated, he knew apple would get mad if he told him the truth. "I um... I didn't realize what time it was" apple wasn't convinced "You always come home before eight o eight, no matter what, that has always been a priority to you. Working out, eating right, and going to bed at a certain time is almost the only thing you care about. That... and Stephanie." Sportacus looked down at his feet trying not to speak his mind, he couldn't let apple know the truth, he just couldn't. "You know I care about so much more than that. I care about you to, I care about everyone, I care about this town and even Robbie. But I care about you more than anything." The apple looked at Sportacus and tried not to look too unconvinced, he didn't believe Sportacus when he told him that, but he did care deeply for him. "Then tell me the truth Sportacus. Tell me what actually happened if you love me so much. I won't get mad at you, all I want is the truth." Sportacus sigh, he knew he would hurt the feelings of the one he loved the most. "I was helping Stephanie" He admitted. The apple was torn by this, he ran to the ladder of the air craft, and he was gone before Sportacus could stop him.