THE WITCH'S FATE

Once upon a time in this aged world, there used to be a small kingdom named Alua. In the outskirts of this small kingdom, lived a mighty witch with her devoted disciples. But as it often is, the king of the land did not see eye to eye with this mighty witch. This witch had a gift, a gift to see pieces of the future like broken glass or a puzzle with not enough pieces to put it together. The king wanted to wield such power, but the witch refused to become a puppet of the king and as she wielded more power than the ruler, she went on her way.

Unlike His Majesty, the witch possessed knowledge beyond believe, after all, she lived for 980 years, about 950 years more than the king.
As she lived on, she started losing interest in the world that didn't seem to change much, but one particular event altered such emotions.

(THE OUTSKIRTS OF ALUA)
It happened the day after her 980th birthday. She was passing through a forest path, where as always, she would pick needed herbs for her experiments. But as she was passing, she heard a loud noice. Perhaps- a cry...?
"Maybe it's an animal in need...?" she though, getting closer to the source of the cry, ready to help the creature in distress. When she finally got to the pitiful being, she reached her hand to pick it up. Now, she was holding the creature by the colar and staring at it intently as it was weeping continuously. The witch didn't come across no strange existence, it was a human child. And as she was holding the child, she could see her demise. She could feel the overwhelming power within this little baby. Despite the strong amazement she felt, she did not forget to analyze this unnatural situation. This was no coincidence, the king was behind this.
"How should I deal with you, little one? Ooh,... you kind of stink. Shall I call you Stinky?", the child chuckled. It didn't take long for the bored witch to make a decision. She would take Stinky with her, after all she had no big reason to keep living any longer, she felt it in her soul, her time was almost up. Maybe this little one could make her end more phenomenal. She just felt a bit displeased about granting the selfish petty old king a long-held wish.

(THE TOWER OF WIZARDS)
The second she returned to the tower, her closest aid, Maro, was by her side questioning her about the stinking human in her arms. She calmly explained the situation and added "Don't tell anyone in this tower the details, Maro." The aid was quiet for a bit, comprehending the unexpected situation at hand. "I cannot understand your doings, but I shall follow your comands as I've always done, but even with my best efforts I cannot hide my hostility toward that child." Maro was frank, as always. The witch loved his honesty and she understood his stance in the situation. His master and a great friend would be killed by this being after all. "Very well, let's get to work, because this little one has a long way to go to have a solid chance against me."

Many years went by and the once little child grew into a healthy teenager. Unsuprisingly, one that could wield a sword and his aura like no other. After all, he grew up around knowledgeable wizards. The time was almost up. The child knew what his destiny was, the witch didn't hide anything from him and even treated him as her successor as some assumed, but she just wanted him to learn everything he could. She raised him with love even... which tormented the little one. The child was crying almost every night, over his cruel fate. How could he kill the one he cherished the most?
Maro heard his cries so many times and perhaps he couldn't bear to hear any more annoying weepings, so he entered the room of the being he resented so much. The child could always feel Maro's hostility, but he couldn't hate Maro for something, that made the child despise its own self. The moment he entered, their eyes met. Maro finally realised they shared a similar pain. They couldn't bear the thought of losing the witch, but fate was fate. They had to accept their roles and Maro knew that. "She accepted her destiny the moment she laid eyes on you. There's no need to overthink the act you're meant to carry out. Stop weeping, there will be enough opportunities later." The child went silent and Maro scowled, both really despised the though.

(NEXT YEARS)
At the age of 15 the child left the tower to live in the capital, to blend in with the other human beings and to intrigue the king by his powerful presence. It was a trick the witch created to make the dense ruler seek the child out for his skills. The king did as she predicted and made the little one his knight.

(THE TOWER OF WIZARDS)
After 5 years on a snowy winter day, the witch felt it, it was time. So, that same morning she sent Maro and her other disciples on a quest. Maro had a hunch, but as her loyal aid, he followed her orders to the very end, just like he prosimed. It was finally time for the witch to reunite with the child she raised. However, the one holding the sword to her throat was no longer a child, but a grown man. An aura master. "I'm glad, I'll be dying proud, my stinky child." She spoke her last words with a sweet smile and his sword pierced her heart not many seconds after. He watched as his most cherished person let out her last breath, how her sweet smile, that he loved so much, slowly faded away and how her steady heartbeat stopped forever. "You lived 1000 years. Now, you can rest in peace, mother."

(THE ROYAL PALACE OF ALUA)
The old selfish petty king finally got the news of the witch's death from her own creation. Her own creation, kneeling before him as he, the king, was having a feast. "This is it, finally! My victory!" He could not be more satisfied. He was chewing a piece of meat and after he hurriedly swallowed, he started laughing. Laughing so much, the piece he so hurriedly swallowed got stuck in his throat. Numerous people came to his rescue and tried to get the piece of meat out of his throat, but it was no help. The king was dead. Many thought it was an accident, but only one person in that room knew, that the piece of meat in His Majesty's throat was stuck by the help of an aura, that's why it was impossible to get out.

And maybe you're wondering, what had happened to the aura master the witch had raised? He build a cottage in the forest near the tower, where he met the witch. He was mourning her death every day, but found comfort in his dreams, where he was always with her. So he wished to dream more and more and one day, as his hair was already grey, he dreamt for the last time. As for Maro, he became the master of the tower in honor of his closest friend and the greatest witch he ever met.

!THE END!