Chapter 11

Zayn was unharmed and looking forward with wide eyes.I scanned his body ones again and there wasn't even a single tint of blood anywhere on him.Kye didn't shoot him.But why?

"You should see your faces",he began laughing and I turned to him baffled.

Just then Tess pulled him down by the neck and whispered something into his ears making him smirk as he pulled away.Tess looked uncomfortable as he turned his head to the side and Kye chuckled.

"See you both later",he said and before I can even tell what's going on,Zayn and I were suddenly in another room.We gasped in shock.

"W-What just happened?",I questioned.

"I don't know",Zayn replied looking uneasy."I don't know what is going on or what to do.How am I suppose to rescue Tess when we're both captured?Ugh!!",he added pulling at his hair in frustration.

"Hey",I quickly took hold of his hand."Calm down.We'll find a way"

He looked at me and opened his mouth to speak just when the door opened and Tess walked in with his head lowered and Kye right behind him.Zayn and I immediately got on high alert as Tess kept his head lowered, probably in fear.

"Alpha....",Tess began before slowly raising his head to look at Zayn with what looks like determination."This is my mate, alpha Kye of the Skull pack",he added with a slight smile as if he was happy about it.

Did Kye put him up to this?He knows we know what him or Ivan did to poor Tess so what's with the pretence?

"Why?",Zayn asked glaring at Kye who had taken a seat in the room crossing his legs.

"Why what?",Kye played dumb.

"You know what.Why did you do it?",Zayn repeated.

"I thought you said your alpha loved going straight to the point little mouse",Kye said addressing Tess who immediately turned red.

Was he blushing?

"Alpha,I apologize for—"

"You don't have to apologize for anything,Tess.This wasn't your fault but that rapist sitting behind you",Zayn cut Tess off and he gasped with wide eyes in shock as Kye frowned.

"What did you just call me?",Kye frowned speaking in a dangerously deep tone.

"Does the truth sting?",Zayn mocked.

Kye immediately shot up from his seat and began matching towards Zayn with his hands in a tight fist.However,before he could reach Zayn,Tess quickly moved infront of him placing both hands on his chest in an attempt to stop him and he immediately halted,much to my shock.

"Calm down",Tess said looking up at Kye who was glaring daggers at Zayn.

"I will ones I bash his stupid face in for daring to call me a fucking rapist",Kye growled and Zayn chuckled.

"Stop acting all high and mighty.You're nothing but a dirt bag who's low enough to rape his own mate!",Zayn trailed off yelling towards the end as he glared at Kye.

"What‽",both Kye and Tess exclaimed in unison and I frowned in confusion.

Something is not right.

"What are you talking about?",Tess asked turning to look at Zayn with shock.

"What nonsense are you spouting?I'd never rape my mate",Kye growled frowning deeply.

"You dare deny it?I wold never have believed even you would stood so low but I saw it with my own eyes.And my Luna is my witness.Right,kitten?",Zayn turned to ask me and I blinked in confusion.

I looked at him and turned to look at Tess who was staring at me with wide confused eyes.I then looked at Kye who was spotting a deep frown while staring at me before slowly nodding my head yes.

"Bullshit!!",Kye exclaimed moving away from Tess's touch."First,you break into my home and now you accuse me of a ridiculous crime?Give me one good reason why I shouldn't break my own principles and kill you right now",he added glaring at both Zayn and I.

"You lowly–"

"Enough!",Tess yelled all of a sudden cutting Zayn off." (Sigh) I don't know what you think you saw or how but Kye never raped me.Whatever he did was completely consensual",he explained.

"What are you talking about,Tess?Did he put you up to this?",Zayn questioned glaring at Kye.

"You don't have to lie or pretend,Tess.I know this might be a touchy subject but we saw what happened in the dungeon that day and we know you made a deal with him to save our lives",I finally spoke up and Tess looked at me with confusion.

"What are you talking about?",Tess asked.

I sighed and processed to narrate everything that went down that day and even though Tess should already know this as the victim of the tale,he looked completely shocked as if it wasn't him.Likewise Kye.

‘Maybe they wiped Tess's memory’, Jax suggested.

'Maybe but that doesn't explain Kye's reaction'

‘True.Something doesn't seem right’

'Yeah'

"This doesn't make any sense",Kye said after a brief pause."Tess and I didn't even spend much time in that dungeon before I brought him here and we certainly didn't make any deals concerning your lives.You weren't even suppose to be captured",he added making Zayn and I look at each other in shock.

"What are you saying?We saw you two with our own eyes",Zayn defended.

"His right,alpha.Kye used magic to bring us here before we....um...(clears throat)",Tess explained and that's when it hit me.

Why didn't I think of this before?Wolves are very possessive, especially alphas.There's no way Kye would let anyone see his mate in such a state whether he cared for him or not.He might disgrace him infront of others,yes but not in that way.

"Then how do you explain what we saw?",Zayn questioned.

"Ivan",I replied and the room suddenly seemed to turn chilly as I felt goosebumps.

"I'm going to kill that lowly mage",Kye growled in the deadliest tone I've ever heard and looking at him I felt petrified with fear.

His eyes were beginning to shimmer golden and a dark smoke was slowly surrounding his body.His vein began to pop and just then my attention shifted when Zayn moved to stand infront of me taking a protective stance.His actions warmed my heart and I couldn't help but smile a little.

Even in this unexplainable terrifying moment,he still thought about protecting me.