Chapter 1

Mahira POV:

At the bustling bus station, I stood with my mom, awaiting the yellow school bus. I looked behind and, there he was – a guy towering over me, not just beautiful, but let's be real, handsome. Like, handsome. My eight-year-old heart couldn't decide between "beautiful" and "handsome," settling for the latter after a brief internal debate.

The school bus made its grand entrance, and guess what? Mr. Handsome was not just a random stranger; he was from my school. Oops, I got so excited that I forgot to introduce myself. Hi, myself Mahira, 8 years old, and now I'm off to school. Yep, that's how my introduction went – quick and to the point.

Now, let's fast forward a few days. Aarav, that's his name – the handsome senior. My mind was practically a slideshow of his handsome face. Hold on, though; my mom interrupted my daydreaming with her usual shout, "Bacha, come have dinner, and don't forget your medicines." Oh yes, the medicines, my life's unsolicited companions.

From that day onward, I turned into a detective. Where's Aarav? Oh, there he is, at school. Where's Aarav now? Tuition class. And playground, library, you name it – I was on a mission. Now, you might think, "Hey, he's your senior, like a brother." Well, my brain tried to convince me of that logical nonsense, but who could resist daydreaming about someone so darn handsome?

Fast forward again – four years later. "Guduuuuuu, at least don't get late on your first day of 8th year!" my bestie Rubi hollered from the stairs. Time flew, and in those five years, life threw a health rollercoaster my way – hospital stays, shifting to a new place, meeting Rubi, and don't even get me started on the COVID drama. Ugh, that pesky virus.

Amid all this chaos, Aarav became the ghost of my past, the handsome spectre that haunted my memories. But hey, life goes on, and so did I, waltzing into the 8th year like a pro. If only life came with a handbook for dealing with crushes, health issues, and global pandemics.

So, here I am, Mahira, the detective-turned-8th-grader, ready for whatever absurdity life throws my way. Because, let's face it, when you've survived crushes, health woes, and a global pandemic, there's not much left that can surprise you. Or is there? Well, bring it on, life!

Aarav POV:

Once upon a time, in the mystical land of the bus station, I, Aarav, stumbled upon an unexpected twist in the plot of my life – my first crush. Little did I know that the bus station, with its chaotic charm, would become the stage for this heartwarming yet comical tale.

There she was, a pint-sized angel, standing next to me with her mom. Clutching her tiny hand, she shot me secret glances. "Aww, she's so cute," I thought, not realizing that I was about to embark on the rollercoaster of crushdom. Her doe eyes locked onto mine, and I blushed – yes, even the mighty Aarav blushed.

The yellow school bus made its grand entrance, and to my surprise, she hopped on board. It turned out she was my junior. Time marched on, and for an entire year, I harboured a secret admiration for this little sprite. She had no idea, but I was the silent guardian of her cuteness. Little did I know, my junior detective skills were matched by hers, as she stole glances at me in school and even during tuition. The bus station, our silent meeting ground, witnessed these covert operations.

Then came the unexpected twist – the vomit incident. Yes, you heard it right. One fine day, she unleashed a torrent of stomach rebellion on the bus, and that was the last I saw of her. She vanished from the bus station scene like a magician's disappearing act. Poof! Gone. And, well, I forgot to introduce myself earlier. Hi, I'm Aarav, the unsuspecting victim of bus station enchantment.

Now, fast forward four years – I'm in 9th grade. It's the first day of the new year, and my heart is doing somersaults. Why? Because I secretly hope to see her again. Life, in its infinite wisdom, decided to throw a few curveballs my way after that fateful vomit day. One of them being this darn pandemic – a plot twist I certainly didn't sign up for. I hate it, and I'm sure you do too.

So, here I stand, Aarav, the brave soul facing the uncertainties of 9th grade and whatever surprises life has up its sleeve. Will I see her again? Will the bus station witness a reunion of our silent glances? Only time will tell as I navigate through the comedic chaos of school life and the absurdities that come with it. Stay tuned for the next episode of "Aarav's Unpredictable Adventures."

Here is the first chapter of the book, Do Like and Comment it motivates me to write.  Target 7 likes and 5 comments

Your Author
Manaswini