Prologue

I didn't understand the concept of childhood sweethearts until I witnessed the two of you.

I can still vividly recall that 8-year-old girl, her gaze filled with shyness, stealing glances towards him, while he, at 9 years old, blushed upon noticing her stare.

I didn't grasp the meaning of caring until I observed your relationship.

I'll always remember when he swiftly caught her as she stumbled, and her deep worry when he was absent from school one day.

I had no concept of romance until I witnessed your connection.

I still cherish those moments of bashful eye contact, where she used it to overcome her shyness, and he longed to hold her, his eyes gleaming with affection, and the way her lips curved into a smile when she saw him.

I didn't comprehend the depth of sacrifice until I saw you both.

Those tearful moments when misunderstandings drove her to leave him for his happiness, and his painful smile when he saw her moving on with someone else, are etched in my memory.

I hadn't truly understood the essence of true love until I heard your words.

"It's okay to love someone from afar," he said, gazing at her as she blushed due to someone else.

"You never stop loving someone if you've truly loved them; you simply learn to live without them," she said, a wistful smile playing on her lips as she reminisced about him.

"Loving someone means finding joy in their happiness, whether it's with you or someone else," he remarked, and she echoed the sentiment while looking at the picture of him in her hand.

I hadn't truly understood the essence of true love until I met you both......

Author Manaswini