The Details

Opening the door to my dorm, I couldn't help to feel as if someone was watching me. Instantly, I turned and saw there was no one in the dim lit hallway. Speeding up my process, I stepped into the apartment. Ugh, how I hate watching scary movies, they've always made me think crazy thoughts.

I'm creeping in the living room where my bestfriend Amanda is sitting on the couch criss cross position, eating a huge bowl of popcorn as she watches Netflix.

As I hugged her from behind, she jumps like a fish out of water.
"Oh my God! You scared me!" she said while rolling her eyes.
" I know", I replied while walking towards the kitchen with a devilish smile.

"How was your day?" she asked as I put away the few groceries I had gotten.

"Uhmmm, Interesting." I decided to say.

I knew it, I knew I shouldn't have said it. Barely having anything to say when that question is asked, knowing she would be excited.

In a matter of seconds she was right beside me, eyes wide and ears open. "Tell me the juicy." She whispered shaking me a bit.

"Okay, okay, Let me freshen up." replying with a smirk.
She sighed with aggravation, "Hurry up! Gonna make me wait for the juicy, what kinda bestfriend are you?" she asked while walking with sass back to the couch.

My dorm room isn't all too great, a single bed, a minor closet and a dresser, with a mini flat screen t.v. Isn't the world, but I can't complain.

Taking off my clothes, tossing them in the corner, while walking across the hall to the bathroom pinning my hair up into a messy bun covered with my purple fluffed towel.

What a day! I thought to myself while adjusting the temperature of the shower. As I stepped in I felt my shoulders relax as my long day began to drop off into the drain.

Except for Mike of course. . .
Why do I remember this man's name? I mean like he is cute, mysterious, looks independent and mature but, he is-
just right, (my evil subconscious thoughts).
I shook my head in disapproval while finishing up in the bathroom.

Walking to the living room, I find Amanda watching "Orange Is The New Black," one of her favorite shows. To be honest, I was starting to like it too, especially that one woman, "crazy eyes", as they call her; she is so funny to me.

Giving me no chance to sit down, she looks up and says, "Tell me."
I sit down next to her and look into her eyes.
"Ok I met this guy."

This is how far I got before she burst into a frenzy of words.
" I knew it!"
"My prayers have been answered!"
"Is he cute?"
"Is he funny?
"Do you have his number?"

"Yes yes and yes! Slow down!"
She looked at me in awe.
"I know, I said quietly (I don't accept guys numbers that often), but he bought me coffee." I said before she could beat me to it.
"He bought you coffee?"
I nodded in confusion.
"Wow." She said as if it was unbelievable.

I must admit, I don't like people buying things for me, especially men, makes me feel as if they have control of the situation and me. Call me crazy if you want, but I have my reasons.

"Tell me everything." Is all she said before I told her the whole story of Mike and I.

She listened intensively as I told her the juicy, once I finished she replied, in a seductive way "That is sooooo sexy. . .
"I know right." I said while stuffing my face with her cold popcorn.

"Text him!"
"No!"
"Why not?!"
"I don't know!"
"Then text him.!"
"And say what?!"
"Hi or something!"
"That's corny, nooooo."

She stared at me, and then looked on the kitchen table.

I shook my head no.
"Don't do it Amanda." I stared at her, fiercely. . .

Just as I said it, she darted off the couch and grabbed my phone off the table; with me right on her tail.

With us on the opposite side of the table she said, "Since you don't wanna, I'm gonna."
I shook my head frantically. "Nooooo, please don't!"

She unlocked my phone, I could tell by the way her thumb was scrolling up she was definitely going through my contacts.

Man, I'm praying she forgot his name. Ugh... Why did I even store his number?

"Aha! Found it."
So much for my prayers, I thought, annoyed.
I tried running across, but she only went the other way. Ugh, I hate her so much right now (I said under my breath).

She typed something and sent it.
I stared at her as if she was a gazelle and I was a cheetah, getting ready to pounce!

"What did you send?!" I said through clenched teeth. She threw me the phone.
"You sent him, "Hey"." I said while shaking my head.
"You said not to send hi, that's different." She said while bursting out with laughter uncontrollably.
"But it's 3am, this looks like a booty call." I said, which only made her laugh harder.

I jumped on the table and ran after her, she dashed to the couch and held her stomach in laughter.

I grabbed a pillow and started hitting her, while saying, "How could you do that?"
She covered her head, " becasue, you wasn't going to!"
I jumped on her, "How do you know?"
She yelped. "Because I know you, and I know that you wasn't going to do it, you're a lame, ok?"
Me being surprised I said, "I'm not."
"Are too, you hate going to parties, you don't drink, you don't curse, I mean hell, you're an undercover angel for all I know."
Sitting down on the couch, I sigh with a breath I didn't know I was holding.

"Just because I'm not a uncontrollable, wild, teenage thot, doesn't mean I'm a lame."
She gasped. "So your calling me a thot?"
I laughed with meaning.
"You're not a thot, your a..."

Just as I was about to finish, my phone did the "iPhone" chirp.

We both paused, looked over at the phone lighting up on the other side of the couch.

I grabbed the phone, with her right over my shoulder and opened the message.

She giggled as she read the message.
"Oh wow, he's straight forward huh."

Rolling my eyes at her, I shook my head with my hands in my head. Ugh, what a nightmare.

"Want me to text back?" she said annoying me even the more. . .
"No! No thank you, you've done enough."

She pats me on the shoulder and says, "you're welcome sister." while skipping to her room.
Leaving me alone with my phone, with Mike, and me speechless.

Oh my gosh, what should I say?
I thought as I stared at the t.v. screen poker faced...
After 10 minutes of me watching the show, I yawned, still hadn't replied to his text.

My eyes started to get heavy.
And so did my body, I layed back on the couch dozing off with the message and the man who had sent it, in my head.

*********
THANK YOU FOR READING MY 3RD CHAPTER OF PROPERTY.

THIS CHAPTER WAS SO YOU COULD GET A FEEL OF AMANDA'S AND WYNTER'S FRIENDSHIP.

DO YOU LIKE AMANDA?/THE PIC IS HER.

WHAT DOES THE MESSAGE SAY? :Tehe

LEAVE COMMENTS (I REALLY WANNA KNOW WHAT YOU ALL THINK.)

AND IF YOU ENJOYED, CLICK THE STAR FOR ME !

TY ---Metoya