Chapter 7

Several weeks passed. Weeks of being perpetually full term, though nobody ever asked about it. Weeks of being treated like she was a goddess in command of life. Weeks of carrying a mass that might have been fifty pounds, though the strain on her back, legs and feet was not unbearable. 'Might' because, although she did actually step on a scale, she was not sure how much was just in her belly. The rest of her body's tone improved due to the continual effort and she had never regularly stepped on a scale previously, so she had no idea.

Weeks of accidental stimulation of the master nerve cluster when she rolled her hips or bent over, rocking her solid womb over it. Stimulation that was hard to endure without carrying it through to a finish. Luckily, going to the bathroom frequently was not weird for a pregnant woman. And, even better, when she was working at the Einhorne house in her bedroom-office, she was alone and could move to a bed.

Yet again she felt the unbearable throb, this time triggered by simply leaning over to open a box. Tessa hurried up the stairs with a few books in hand like she was going to work. Well, she would. After.

Panting with the effort as she strode quickly, she practically burst into the bedroom at the end of the hall. All but dumping the books on the desk, she moved back to push the door closed. It took an extra shove to ensure the old latch caught. When she turned back, still catching her breath but eager, she saw him.

The grey-skinned, well-muscled sidhe wearing only dark pants was standing at the foot of the bed. The sidhe who had appeared every time she began to touch herself and took over, bringing her to heights she could have never achieved by herself. The sidhe who lavished just as much attention on her belly, ensuring the burden of carrying the larvae was eased and always tolerable. The sidhe she forgot every time he left.

"Oh," she uttered and panted over two more breaths before she added with smile, "It's you." Her own hands touched the firm dome, rubbing a little and then slipping one hand beneath to support the weight. Tolerable, but lately she was more aware of the strain and experiencing greater fatigue.

His dry lips curved into a gentle smile. Those dark eyes, like peering into a geode through holes too small to let in much light, seemed to glitter that little bit just for her.

"It's - is it time?" she asked apprehensively. The reason she had been feeling the affects more lately was that the larvae were leaking less energy to her; she understood that. She also thought he might have murmured 'almost' last night, but she was falling asleep so hadn't been sure.

"If you're ready," he answered softly, "It can wait if you must attend to other things. But, if you postpone for too many days... That is not advisable," he warned gently but seriously.

Part of her wanted to ask for curiosity's sake, the other part recognized she was probably better off not knowing. Instead, she asked what she needed to know. "Ah. I, um, you know, I'm not sure. What's supposed to happen now?" She realized then that while he said the eggs had to cool and harden he never said what came next. How was she supposed to give birth to solid rock?

"I will induce your labor and help you through it," he promised. "It may take a few hours and you will need to rest afterwards. You have no other obligations today?"

"Ah. Uh, no," Tessa answered, apprehensive. "No, I'm - We can do this now," she agreed awkwardly. She was not expected anywhere today or tomorrow, so it seemed to be the best timing. And she wondered if he knew that.

Smiling softly, he moved around the end of the bed and offered his hands to her. She gave them to him and he leaned in to give her a gentle kiss while rubbing her palms. "I should not tell you this," he spoke softly, looking down into her face. His fingers trailed up along the outsides of her arms, brushing a sensual chill through her skin. "I knew you were special from the first time I touched you. Every time I touch you confirms this truth."