1

Bilbo stood with wide eyes as Thorin described him in cruel words, his eyes sting with angry tears. He stared at the ring, but decided not to remove it, he would complete his quest with them no matter what.

As they walked Fili and Kili whispered, disagreeing with their powerful uncle. They understood Bilbo and so did Balin and Bofur who chatted endlessly about it.

Gandalf just walked silently, every so often counting the dwarfs, and when reaching 13 he would sigh and look back at the way they had traveled.

But suddenly their path was blocked, a great Orc sitting atop his ride. He smirked. His eyes trailed all over the group, and he sniffed the air.

"Thorin Oakensheild how nice of you to come." the pale skinned creature took ahold of his sword, as his loyal companions swiped away their weaponry.

Bilbo pulled his sword from the sheath and frowned. The pale Orc approached Thorin.

"You will never be king." it came out as a whisper and the Orcs all smirked almost in unison.

Thorin thought he had no hope left, standing weaponless staring at his enemy straight in the eyes. He glared with the only hope left.

Just when the pale Orc was close enough to swing Thorin and his company gasped, as his head was clean off his body.

The Orcs were also astonished, as they looked around. Bilbo had a great amount of Took blood pumping through him. He stabbed the riding beasts also the Orcs were scared. Very scared.

There was only one Orc left when it bellowed a laugh and stuck its spear through Bilbo.

"Nice try Halfling. I can smell you." he dragged out the last phrase before bilbo weakly lifted his sword and beheaded the creature.

Bofur saw the blood coming from nothing and gasped, as the ring betrayed and saved Bilbo Baggins.

It slipped off of his finger and Bilbo stared at them, and into Thorin's eyes with such an angered gaze that the dwarf king looked down in shame.

Balin rushed to Bilbo's side beckoning Gandalf over. The old wizard and Balin started to heal his wounds, and Fili and Kili clung to each other.

Thorin looked upon his nephews for some sort of proclamation that he was right to think the way he did, but the brothers shook their heads.

Nobody comforted Thorin even a bit, and treated him more like a king than a companion. He knew he deserved it as well.