Summary & Author's Notes

Pairing: married /established couple au; Min Yoongi x Reader

Theme: Angst, Loss, Miscarriage

Wordcount: 4K+

Summary: A short little drabble about a young couple experiencing one of the most heartbreaking losses imaginable

Author's Note:

A few things I'd like to mention:

1) I have had this concept mulling about in my brain for awhile now, and then recently rewatched Day 3 of DDay Final and watching Yoongi breakdown and get super emotional towards the end, just...my heart has been filled with angst lately and this is how I chose to express it.

2) please note that while this is indeed something I have experienced personally it was quite some time ago and since I am not a medical professional, if you notice any technical inaccuracies.... no you didn't lol.

3) a massive thank you to a dear friend of mine for giving this a once over months ago. I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and give me your thoughts. Based on your invaluable feedback I know I was supposed to actually add more to this story...close it out with a more uplifting "morning after" scenario... but my lazy ass just never got around to it 🙃. But I don't want to hold off on posting just because I can't come up with that part so here we are. So just know the ending didn't have to be the way it is....I may revisit and continue in the future with this couple but we shall see ❤️

IMPORTANT- PLEASE READ THE TAGS / WARNINGS: Miscarriage, death of a baby/fetus, very brief mentions of political/ethical views on abortion (like blink and you'll miss it type of mentions), general descriptions of a vaginal / pelvic exam in a medical context, D&C (no graphic details tho), abortion (technically a d&c so that's kinda the same thing), depressive thoughts, feelings of worthlessness and inadequacy, lots of tears, guilt, shame, lack of communication, explicit language...I think that's everything but please do let me know if I've neglected to mention anything.

Again: please be advised that the following deals with an extremely sensitive subject that is difficult to read about and even more painful to experience. There's a lot of mental deliberation, feelings of doubt, guilt, and shame. It's not talked about as often as it should be and yet tragically it happens a lot more than people realize. That being said - please proceed with caution and if any of it makes you uncomfortable, please don't feel obligated to read further. Take care of yourselves and each other.