Chapter 1

Lightning was playing in the mud with his three siblings. Embertail, his older sister. Lyra, his younger sister. And Stormcloud, his older brother. They were cheetahs. The cubs of the king and queen.

"Alright cubs! Time for history! It's time to learn!" A golden cheetah with a beautiful red cloak padded over to the cubs.

The young princesses and princes grumbled as they were led into the temple where history was taught. Pictures and words from ancient times were drawn onto the walls. Pictures from a century ago. When The Ancients arrived in the new lands.

"What are the names of the ancients, does anyone know?" The history master asked.

"Kanus the leopard, Sunstrike the cheetah, Moonlight the lioness, and..and-" Stormcloud tried to finish it all. But Embertail stepped in.

"SylverClaw the tiger!" she sang.

"I was going to say that," her brother growled.

"Enough you two, let's move on," the teacher said. "The gods had chosen a white lioness, a golden cheetah, a black leopard, and a grey tiger. All born differently to their families. They were the four ancients. The ones who guided the big cats over the mountain. Do you know where their first camp lies?"

"Beyond the jungle on the plain," Lightning said.

"Correct! Well done," the teacher praised.

After the history lesson the cubs went to get ready to see the people. And celebrate their birthday. So they got cleaned and then changed. They would sit beside their parents and see all the people of the city.

Lightning looked into the mirror of his room. He puffed out his chest and lifted his head. He looked just like his father. The proud king of cheetahs.

"You ready my son?" the king asked.

"Your siblings are waiting," The queen said.

Lightning looked over at his parents. "I'm ready," he said and followed them out to the throne room.

Lightning's siblings were all dressed in robes and jewelry. Lyra had a necklace with a sapphire on it. Stormcloud and Embertail had gold bands on their legs. And tail. And diamond necklaces.

Lightning showed of his blue cloak with diamond patterns. Red, green, and gold.

"You all look wonderful," The king said.

"Now let's go meet the people."

The crowd was very big. Lightning sat on a throne next to his parents. On the other side was his brother and sisters. Lightning was crown prince, so he sat by his father's side.

"Hail royal-bloods," cheetahs bowed to the royal cubs and the family.

Lightning felt uncomfortable. But when he looked up at his parents smiling. He felt a bit more safe. After all, these people were loyal to them.

After a long day of meeting the people and discussing plans. Lightning went to his room. And rested in his bed.

But before long a palace servant told him to come for dinner. Lightning sighed and went downstairs. He sat down at the long table. And there was antelope meat on his plate. Lightning's favorite type, gazelle.

After dinner Lightning and his siblings could finally rest. Curled up in their beds. They fell asleep.