Chapter 7: Wyrdeer or Weirdeer

Akari's POV

"She's dead." Rei finally said after a while.

"Wait, WHAT???" I said, surprised that I'm not the only one suffering.

"I'm joking!" Rei said and gave out a laugh that he's been holding in.

"Arhggg, honestly, fuck you bitch." I said harshly to him. "You deserved that."

"I'm sorry." Rei said still laughing. "But I do have a sister named Dawn."

"....." I was angry at him.

"What?" Rei said and stopped laughing.

"All my siblings actually died, Rei." I gritted my teeth. He thought it was just a joke.

"I'm, sorry for your loss..." He said, finally realizing that I'm telling the truth.

"It's okay." I said trying to hold back tears. "They deserved it anyway."

"Hmm?" He questioned.

"They kind of destroyed Kamado's trust for our family reputation." I replied.

"How? All of them?" He asked.

"Mostly my brothers." I said.

~~Flashback~~

It was the day for the ceremony and surprisingly, there are a lot of people there. It was a dark gloomy day, expected to rain. Today was my brother's execution and almost everyone is here to watch. I was forced to go since it was family torture, a way to improve our family reputation, watching our loved ones die.

"I don't want to go." I said as I was dragged there by guards.

"Well to bad, troublemaker, it's the rule." He replied angrily.

"The rules are stupid." I snapped back.

"Ha, only a troublemaker will say that." He said and threw my onto the ground.

In front of me was my brother, tied down to a tree. He looked tired, probably from all the beatings and the wounds he got from letting a Luxray into the village.

'He is harmless.' I remember him saying.

"Kill him!" Someone yelled in the crowd.

"Traitor!" Yelled another.

"You shall perish!" It just kept on coming, one after another.

"Alright, quiet down! We are about to start the execution!" Yelled a guard from the podium.

All the words they said automatically muted, my brother's life flashed before my eyes. All the times we had together.

'You're the best brother ever!' I used to say.

After his head was off, I was finally let go, I was forced to watch which wasn't the first time.

'Nine, nine of my sons are all dead.' My mom would say and started sobbing in my dad's arms.

'It's okay, we still have Akari.' He said, turning his head to me.

I just looked at him in shock. Me? Really?

....

"What happened to the Luxray?" Rei asked me.

"He was also killed." I replied.

"I didn't realize you had such a dark past, Akari. I am so so sorry." Rei apologized.

His face turned from a sad one to a scared one all of a sudden.