01| Lost His Fangs

"You have the skills to succeed but ya ran into the wrong opponent-me, Shotoro Suzuki," A teenage boy told Tatsuya, a Brawler like him. "You talk as if Bakugan is a game, and that may be true, but treat your Bakugan with respect. They fight for you. Make sure not to shun them." Shotoro said with a "hmph" and turned away from the boy who growled in anger.

Shotoro Suzuki is a tall, muscular teenager with tanned skin, spiky dark green hair, and sharp blue eyes. His distinctive features include fangs and symmetrical X-shaped scars on his cheeks, giving him a beastly appearance.

"Who are you to tell me what to do, freak!?" Tatsuya shouted at Shotoro. He was infuriated. No one has ever beaten him so fast before. He hasn't got his clock cleaned this hard since he came across Runo Misaki.

"The one who just kicked your butt," Shotoro responded, slowly looking over his shoulder as his eyes bore an aura as menacing as a lion. "You're in the latter half of the food chain right now, kid. Stay down and listen to the king of the jungle!" He said, his stare inducing fear into Tatsuya.

Tatsuya decided to back down before picking up his Bakugan off the ground and running away desperately. "You'll pay for this! Next time, me and Ripper will take you down for sure!" Tatsuya shouted.

Shotoro watched Tatsuya run away. His facial expression slowly turned to a slight grin at the proclamation. He was pleased to hear Tatsuya wasn't thinking about himself anymore, but his Bakugan. "Good. Work as a unit and battle me again when you're ready..." He murmured.

"Is that what you go around doing? Shattering the dreams of brawlers and trying to make them see things your way?" A masculine voice asked from out of nowhere.

Shotoro didn't panic. He merely took a moment to scour his surroundings until his eyes landed on a person in a tree. They were seated with their legs crossed and smirking. "Wow, what a hairdo." That was the first comment Shotoro produced as the guy leaped out of the tree. "...and who are you supposed to be?"

"The name's Marduk and I think you could be a great challenge~," The masked male said slyly while holding up a gate card. "You wanna battle-"

Shotoro stood in front of Marduk with bloodshot eyes and smirked. "If you want to fight then don't start by rambling about your name! If this were any other fight, two opponents wouldn't care about the other's name unless they earned their respect! I'll remember your name when you win, or prove your worth." It was getting dark outside and the weather called for thunderstorms earlier. Shotoro stared at Marduk with an intense stare, the wind picking up before the thunder had revealed the Brawler's arrogant smirk.

 Shotoro stared at Marduk with an intense stare, the wind picking up before the thunder had revealed the Brawler's arrogant smirk

Marduk only laughed loudly. "You're a piece of work, Shotoro Suzuki! Your arrogance isn't blind! You know your strength and what you're capable of. This should be amusing. Don't cry when I crush you!" He declared as they leaped away from each other while clasping their gate cards.

"FIELD OPEN!"

Marduk and Shotoro demanded and reality warped to become a world where their Bakugan would come to life and show their true power. They stood on the standard battlefield, an alternate reality that looked like an everlasting void.