6.The Escape Plan

It was Friday, and Jieun was lying on her bed with the Guide Book in her hand. She opened the book to resolve some of her issues.

"Now let's talk about getting in trouble. That's already happened, right? Saturday detention is as boring as a history lecture. Here's my advice, ESCAPE. All the cool kids do it!"

Seated together in the vibrant hub of Crown Lake's Grubber, Crown Lake's version of a cafeteria, Jieun engaged her newfound companions, Sunghoon, Jay, Jake, and Sunoo, in a conversation tinged with curiosity and a hint of mischief.

Sunghoon was practising his new poem "Bang! Bang! Shoot your hate down, it's the Queen who holds the crown." "That is so amazing, I can't wait to hear your poetry next week" Sunoo said cheekily, beaming towards Sunghoon. 

"Hey, guys," Jieun leaned in, her eyes alight with a spark of intrigue. "Ever had detention here? Did you ever try to escape?"

Sunghoon chuckled lightly, shaking his head. "I've been caught once, but with Miss. Kwon's strictness, there's no escaping."

Jay nodded in agreement, a cryptic smile playing on his lips. "Yeah, got in detention once. But trying to escape? Not a good idea with the Headmistress keeping a close watch."

Jake joined in, a mischievous glint in his eyes. "I've avoided detention so far. Escaping sounds risky with Miss. Kwon around."

Sunoo, quietly observing the conversation, finally spoke up. "Detention's a no-go zone for me. Escaping? Never dared."

Jieun's curiosity was piqued as she directed her attention back to Jay. "So, Jay, what landed you in detention? Anything exciting?"

Jay's enigmatic smile remained, a subtle mystery in his gaze. "Nothing thrilling, just a wrong move in the wrong place."

Jay leaned back in his seat, an enigmatic edge to his tone as he addressed Jieun's curiosity.

"There's no way you can break out. Miss. Kwon locks you in with those detention rooms. It's like she's got eyes everywhere, and the doors might as well be guarded by those fucking guards."

Sunghoon chuckled, nodding in agreement. "Exactly! It's like an impenetrable fortress in there. No sneaky business with her around."

Jake added, "Yeah, Miss. Kwon's detention room is like Fort Knox. Getting out? Impossible."

Sunoo, usually quiet, chimed in, "Better not mess with her. She's got a sixth sense for troublemakers."

Jieun leaned in, intrigued by the conversation about Crown Lake's infamously secure detention rooms.

"So, what exactly makes it so hard to escape?" she prodded further.

Sunghoon glanced around, lowering his voice. "Rumor has it those rooms are locked tighter than a safe. Cameras, guards—Miss. Kwon doesn't mess around."

Jay nodded in agreement. "Yeah, tried a window once, but they're sealed shut. The whole place is like a fortress."

Jake chimed with a mischievous glint in his eye. "I heard there's a secret passageway, but it's just a rumour, really. No one's ever found it."

Sunoo shrugged a hint of caution in his tone. "Best not to test it out. Miss. Kwon's got eyes everywhere."

"By the way, when's your detention?" Jay asked leaning back into his chair and looking at her with a smirk.