Prologue

"You're alive, you're alive in my head."

Taylor Swift, Marjorie.

Rory Stephens has always had a straight foolproof plan to make it through her teenage years, survive high school and leave Rosewood by any means necessary. The plan was working until it got thrown off. Once Alison Dilaurentis went missing, surviving high school was a whole new level of impossible. Rory has no idea who she is without Alison. Her whole life Alison has been there, when her mother got put in jail, when her dad became worse and worse, when she first liked a boy, when she first kissed a boy, when she tried alcohol for the first time. All of the important, memorable events that took place in Rory's life, Alison was right by her side or she got a long detailed story of it after. The one other person in the whole world she felt she could rely on was Jason Dilaurentis. Despite the two year age gap between the two they have always had a close relationship. Jason has always been protective over the brunette and she has always had a schoolgirl crush on the older Dilaurentis, unknowingly to Alison of course. But after Alison's disappearance Jason dropped out of Rosewood high school and left the small town behind along with the girl who felt even more broken now without the Dilaurentis'. After feeling alone she turned to her other four friends but when Aria left town to Iceland, Spencer became hyper focused on UPenn, and Emily became more closed off it left her and Hanna. Hanna and Rory soon became inseparable and the new IT girls, although Rory never really ditched the title. The girls didn't know how to be a group without their fearless leader and the teenage girls fear rejection too much to talk to each other again. But a new stronger fear forces them into talking again, a person named A who clearly has an ax to grind for something the girls have done. Now she has a new straight foolproof plan, survive high school and survive A.