pt 4: new years 🎉

(2nd person)

~brothers best friend vers~

NEW YEARS

school was finally over so you and your family have been home all holidays. that is, until new years eve.

your parent(s) had been planning to leave early new years eve to a local beach house, owned by your best friends parents. you staying there went from, just your two family's, to an inner circle of friends, to all of your best friends, friends, their families, their siblings and parents friends, and some locals who heard the noise.

you and your best friend had been on an errand run for the past 3 hours, gathering all the things people will need, as your icky brother, and your best friends siblings stayed at the house to set up.

..

another hour later, you and your best friend pulled up- (okay i pull up ‼️🗣️) - to their house. cars were parked down the street, and music was already blasting as sunset neared.

..

after unpacking all of your supplies you started to take in the event in front of you. rainbow lights were covering the walls, inside and out, glow-sticks on every person, the smell of a barbeque and the very recognisable effect of alcohol amongst parents. there were teenagers and younger kids alike running around. a band jamming on a deck that had been cleared. and you could have sworn you just saw a drunk adult fall of the stairs screaming 'wannabe'??

your eyes continued to scan around the area, stopping at a few concerning sights before you walk to the next. spinning around slowly to get a good look at everything.

while faced the opposite direction you heard a familiar voice, "..-she must be from dirty docks" , your brother.. yuck, and a gorgeous laugh following the horribly executed, but never gets old, joke. your eyes immediately widen as you understand the situation you've been put into, backing away, into the crowd of people as quickly as you can.

..

your breathe quickens as you realise how screwed you actually are, after your attempt to lose (y/c), ending up getting lost as well. you're surrounded by people in an open field, you reach into your pocket to call your friends and get you out of this mess...

"...fuck."

a vivid image of your phone next to the shopping items goes through your mind, you face palm, looking around to try find somebody you know... anybody.. your eyes find your brothers best friend.

'maybe not anybody.' you think. 'where is (bsf)?!'

..

you push through people for what feels like hours before giving up and sitting to the side. staring down at your shoes. 'sigh'... before a light approaches you.. glow-sticks?

now a person with glow-sticks somehow everywhere all over them has sat next to you. "are you alright?" you jump at the sound of their voice, straighten your back and turn your head to look at them. seeing them giving you a sincere, yet jokey, smile. "i saw you earlier, you didn't seem like you wanted to talk haha.."

"oh no you saw that?" you say, mentally hitting your head on the closest brick wall.

they only smile and shrug. fiddling with one of the many glow-sticks attached to their wrist. you snicker at the sight of them.

"what are you laughing at?" they tease, nudging you with their elbow.

"oh nothing, i love these accessories on you." you nudge back, not feeling so scared anymore.

you tease and laugh back and forward for a while, the only light being the many glow-sticks they had now passed onto you. weighing down your neck, waist, wrist, arms, and somehow.. ears? the night continues and nears midnight. you hear some younger kids start the count down from a minute. screaming at the top of their lungs.

"hey.. uh.. you brother was gonna be my 'homie new years kiss'. but he's gone..." they awkwardly hold the back of their neck, avoiding eye contact.

"that sounds like my brother. what about it?" you stare at them

"fifteen!"

"fourteen!"

"do you uh.. think you can be my new years kiss?"

"eight!"

"seven!"

you sit there in shock as the count down continues.

"six!"

"five!'

"sure."

"four!"

"thre-!"

the count down gets blurred out as they cut off the loud voices before they cam finish, meeting your lips, only their fingertips holding your chin. you immediately join them, closing your eyes and melting into the kiss. literal fireworks going off in the background.

..

the kiss, breaks apart after a minute or two, leaving you both breathless, you close your eyes, panting, trying to regain your breathe, feeling their gaze on you.

"what?" you speak breathily

"god, i'm so happy i didn't kiss your brother."

----------------------------------------------------------------------

written and made by: bees

sorry for not writing for a while! its been a really weird few weeks, and bees lost their laptop.

so, here's a story from a to z. you wanna get with me, you gotta listen carefully. we got em in the place who likes it in your face. you got g like mc who likes it on a, easy v doesn't come for free, she's a real lady. and as for me, ha you'll see. slam your body down and wind it all around.

VOTE RN VOTE VOTE VOTE DO IT, VOTE!!!