CH.3 - Ignition

The passing trees and gentle wind of the German countryside always made Lucas feel like a kid again, no matter the weather or time of day. There was simply something about it that made him feel a sense of joy, watching the trees skip by, the fields in the distance slowly passing by... He was zoned out, slowly moving the fingers on his left hand and holding up his chin with the other.

"Lucas.... Lucas?"

"m-hm, what?" Lucas blinked and briefly twitched, snapping his head towards Felix, making Felix let out a soft sigh out through his nostrills.

"Did you get any sleep last night?"

"Urgh... barely... came home at like 1 AM."

"Heh, what? Were you partying?"

"Kinda, you could say that."

"Heh, I knew it."

Lucas was sitting in Felix's polo, with him as the passenger and Felix as the driver. While Lucas did like driving, it was nice being in the passenger seat sometimes.

"You know, I was supposed to buy you a crate of beer for helping me."

"...Oh right! I totally forgot about it."

"Hold on, pull over; we might as well buy it for you now while we've still got time."

"What? You want to get me drunk so you'll get to drive?"

"noooooooo..." Lucas turned his head away, which made Felix snicker.

"You totally are."

"No, I'm not!"

"Heh, just say I've got a better build than you if you're so desperate to get behind the wheel."

"Hey, I'm just curious how an FF layout behaves compared to an FR."

"It's inferior to FR, that's for sure. but the best drivetrain layout, in my opinion, is RR."

"Eh, I beg to differ. I mean, sure, yes. In some cases, that might be the case. When you're looking for a car to perform on the track, you go for RR. Rear wheel drive, rear engine layout—I mean, that's what all the supercars have. Porsche's, Lamborghinis, Ferraris..."

"So you're saying that it's the best?"

"Not the best, just advantageous under some circumstances. Sorry, felix i really don't have the energy to get into the details"

"Heh, no worries, had a few nights like that."

"Mhm."

Lucas and Felix fell into a little silence, though after a moment Lucas saw the shopping mall they had been driving to.

"So are we going to..."

"Oh- yes."

Felix turned on the blinker and pulled into the large parking lot in the mall. Felix was slowly driving through the rows in second gear, keeping an eye out for any empty parking spots that might've become available.

However, Lucas's eyes snapped to one specific car once he saw it, keeping his eyes on it as they slowly drove past. It was a glossy blue 2012 M5, parked with the front facing outside. For a brief moment, Lucas had a small flashback, seeing that same front end from yesterday.

He kept silent as Felix finally found a spot on the right side, reversing into it. Though right next to his ear, he was able to make out a quiet, "Could that be him?"

"...Huh? who?"

"We just passed a blue M5."

"Oh, do you know someone with an M5?"