part 1

The magical summer. The childhood summer. The summer with your family friends. Memories you'll never forget. Times you wish you could go back to. People you wish never changed. Stories you wish took another direction. Lovers you wish made the right decision. The right decision and the happy ending.

2015, 20th of june

claudia/clauds outfit inspo:

"ITS TIME TO LEAVE!" I hear my brother, Sam, scream for the 50 billionth time, God alive, I'm just a girl

"Jesus Clauds, you've been doing your makeup for the past hour!" he really does not understand does he.
"Wow I'm sorry that I actually want to look PRESENTABLE, we are going to france, we haven't seen the Chalamets in-"
"A year, I know, wow so long." My brother rudely interrupts.

It's a tradition, every year me, my brother and my mum spend the summer, well the majority of it, in a beautiful summer home in France, with the chalamets, that includes Timothèe of course, Pauline, Nicole and Marc.
It's so fun spending time with them, me and Timmy are the same age, we used to see eachother more often but since he's been landing roles, not as much. My mum and Nicole have been best friends since the beginning of time, they've always been there for eachother; when Pauline was born, when Sammy was born, when Timothèe was born, when I was born, oh and when my dad left.

I was only three, my memories of him are vivid, like a cracked picture frame, my mind is filled with continuous demons telling me it was my fault, you did this, I know it's not true, my mum reminds me all the time, I love her. He left because of addiction, he told my mum he was going to fix himself, packed everything and left.
I haven't heard anything from him, and I don't really want to... I mean, I obviously get curious sometimes but, I'm content with my life how it is, and I'm surrounded by the people I love.

"Come on Claudie! God who are you trying to impress?" my brother sighs. Claudie, a nickname he had given me when I was a toddler, I call him sammy. For sure it winds him up but it's so funny.

Me and my brother have always been there for eachother. Sammy was a couple of years older than me when our dad left, so he knows more about the situation than me, he was more conscious. It's a sensitive subject and we tend not to talk about it, which i'm okay with, it's not my business.

My mum decided it would be the best decision to move away after he left. so we fled to the suburbs of London... Life has been good here, my friends are here, My accent is confusing, like a combination of American and British, more on the British side I guess. I don't exactly know my mother's reasoning behind it, moving away, just suppose she just wanted to do what was best for us, I don't want to ask. But, this meant we were separated from the Chalamets back in New York, and that's when the traditions started, the Summers...

We were on our way to france. "finally!" my brother exclaims as my mum rolls her eyes, half-joking, half-serious.

France, what a beautiful country.

When we arrive I'm greeted with a huge embrace and the scent of sweet tangerine and suddenly I recognise who it is; Pauline, the older sister I never had. I look up to her like my hero, SHES SO COOL!

I greet marc and nicole with friendly hugs and look around, realising how much I love these people.

And then, I see one of my best friends in the whole world standing in front of me. Lil Timmy Tim! I run over to him and we hug. I've always found his hugs so comforting, and refreshing honestly. He is my home away from home, I just feel so safe around him. After this, we do our little handshake we made when we were about 6. It's funny how the little things stick in your memory.

He means a lot to me, and so do our memories. For example: When we snuck out one summer and he pushed me into the pool, he got in so much trouble. One christmas when he got me a fart machine, he can be so random sometimes it's funny, OH and that time we nearly k-

SORRY FOR CLIFFHANHER!! i want to know your guys opinions on this chapter!! and it gets better i promise, this is just a little introduction. enjoy lovelies xx