A Visit From The Shadows

{As the star light and the moon light shined down on Fairyland Elara's sleep was deep and restless. In the depths of her restless slumber, Elara found herself in a dreamlike realm, a place
where reality and fantasy intermingled. The moonlight cast eerie, shifting shadows that danced across her closed eyelids, creating a disconcerting and otherworldly sensation. In this dream, she stood alone on the edge of a dense, ancient forest, its towering trees looming like sentinels in the dim moonlight. The air was thick with a sense of foreboding, and every rustle of leaves and whisper of the wind seemed to carry an ominous message. Unseen creatures moved in the underbrush; their presence felt rather than seen. As she cautiously ventured deeper into the forest, the surroundings transformed. She found herself in a surreal landscape, where the trees twisted into grotesque shapes, and the once vibrant wildflowers withered and crumbled to dust beneath her feet. The moonlight, which had been her comfort, now cast eerie and unsettling shadows that played tricks on her perception.

Amidst the eerie stillness, Elara heard faint, haunting voices that seemed to call her name from far away. She couldn't discern the words, but their mournful tone sent shivers down her spine. She felt a sense of unease, as if something unseen was watching her every move. In her dream, Elara's heart raced with anxiety, and her steps quickened as she tried to navigate the twisted forest. The world around her became increasingly distorted, and the path she followed seemed to shift and change with each step. Suddenly, two hooded figures materialized before her, their presence cloaked in darkness. The unsettling light in their eyes seemed to pierce through the shadows, fixing her in place with an eerie gaze. It reached out a hand, beckoning her closer.
Elara's heart pounded as the two hooded figures revealed themselves to be none other than Nocturnia and Sablethorn.}

{Sablethorn} Starlessia. Our perfect daughter. We found you at last.

{Elara's mind reeled at the mention of "Starlessia," a name she had never heard before. Confusion and fear gripped her, and she took a cautious step backward, away from them}

{Elara} Starlessia? I am Elara, Princess of Fairyland. I don't know what you're talking about.

{Nocturnia and Sablethorn exchanged glances, their eerie gazes unrelenting.}

{Nocturnia} The time for secrets has passed, Elara. We are your true parents, the rulers of the realm of shadows and the Court of Shadows, and you are Starlessia, our rightful heir.

{Elara's head spun with disbelief. The notion that her identity had been hidden from her was overwhelming. She stuttered as she spoke.}

{Elara} That... that can't be true. My parents are Prince Nion and Princess Genevieve. They raised me.

{Nocturnia and Sablethorn exchanged another glance, their unsettling eyes never leaving Elara.}

{Sablethorn} Ash and Genevieve are but a part of the elaborate facade that has kept you from your true destiny, Elara. We are your parents, and the realm of shadows has been waiting for your return.

{Nocturnia} They stole you from us when you were but just a babe.

{Elara's heart pounded in her chest as their words sank in. The idea that she might have been taken from her true parents as a baby was almost too much to bear. Her gaze darted between the King and Queen.}

{Elara, her voice trembling} This... this can't be true. Mama gave birth to me.....they are my Mama and Papa.

{Sablethorn and Nocturnia exchanged glances, their eyes filled with a peculiar mixture of disappointment and determination. They had anticipated resistance but were determined to bring Elara back to the realm of shadows, where they believed she truly belonged.}