Genya Shinazugawa x Reader

Genya hadn't spoke to Y/n that much. Only every chance he got. He was a rather shy person but he was also a rude one.

Y/n worked with Sanemi quite often. They were his understudy. Genya always took their training time to advantage. He'd stare out the window and watch them. He was always entranced by the way she moved and swung her sword.

Of course, Genya thought he was a nobody to her. That she didn't even know who he was. Little did he know she quickly took an interest in the boy. Constantly asking sanemi questions about his little brother and pissing him off.

She'd take different routes and take more breaks just to get an opportunity to see Genya.

There was one day she came a bit early to offer the shinazugawas breakfast. She was sat at the counter awkwardly with Genya. "I um... I wanted to do something nice... show my appreciation." She was nervous and desperate for his attention. He couldn't help the blush spreading across his face. She was acknowledging him? She knew he existed? "I can go get Sanemi if you want..." he offered. She shook her head quickly. "No! Not unless you're uncomfortable or something. He'll come out here when he wants to."

Genya gave a small nod. It's like he didn't know how to smile. She pushed the box towards the boy. "Want some? I got extra for you." His eyes widened. For... him? He nodded and grabbed a plate before serving some for himself. "Want some?" She quickly shook her head. "I'm fine. I actually made this myself. I had some earlier at my house." She could cook too? How impressive could one woman be?

She smiled sheepishly as he ate the food silently. It was like he was completely lost in thought. "This is... really good." He murmured hesitantly. He wasn't too confident about being nice.

Soon enough Sanemi came out and saw the two being awkward idiots. He grumbled and walked over to the two. He grabbed a plate and served himself some. He took a bite and glared at the two younger people. "Honestly you two are complete idiots... piss me off. You don't realize you both stare at each other endlessly? Idiots. Just confess already at this point." He took another bite, grumbling a bunch of rude and uncalled for things. Y/n sighed and put her face in her hands. He was so blunt and for what? She could only be thankful that he gave them a little push though...

Sanemi disappeared as fast as he came. Genya cleared his throat. "You um... stare at me?" He questioned. "You stare at me?" She retorted quickly. They both stayed quiet, blushing. "I've liked you for a while... since I saw you training with my brother." Her face burned red. "Really..? I've liked you since I caught you staring out the window at us..." The both of them turned even more red. How had they never noticed their feelings for each other? It was right in front of their faces. She sighed and opened her mouth a few times before closing it. Eventually he spoke up.

"Would you um... like to go on a date and... see if this works out?" He was so shy. It was the cutest thing she had seen. "Yea... yea I'd love that." She smiled at him. His tiny smile didn't go unnoticed either.

She couldn't wait to see how this turned out and he couldn't either. They felt that they were perfect for each other.

596 words.