Chapter Two: Stunned Silence

I crawled through vents, with my head pounding, I found the light - the exit. Struggling, I climbed back, with the desperation fueling every move.

"I.. I finally found it, I need to call for help.. if I go myself the guards might get me..."

I called repeatedly, the echoes hauntingly unanswered. Fear gripped me as my heart raced heavily. This is when I finally decided to accept the most stupid decision ever.

"I have no other choice but to sneak through the computer control room.... which is currently filled with old farts.."

Ignoring the pain, I focused on my escape plan: control room, right hallway. Delivering information and finding a way out.

Carefully, I entered the vent system again, crawling through the narrow passages. Navigating with caution, I turned left at the first junction, then continued straight until reaching a vertical shaft. Descending carefully, I emerged in a dimly lit room adjacent to the control center. Luckily I was able to pass the room unnoticed. The only last thing was to run through the hallway to the exit. As I was trying to run through, the security saw me and triggered the alarm. I knew I was fucked so I ran through the exist anyways and tried to hide as fast as possible.

"Oh fuck... this is going to bring me so much damn trouble.. I better keep going, if they didn't get me now, they might get me later"

.
..
...

"Recruit Brown!. Do you have any idea of what would of happened if they caught you?! This would be the end of ECRU!! President Aleksander we need to Initiate necessary measures immediately.."

"Assistant Anderson.. please hold yourself together. What is important, is that she came back safe and well.. we shouldn't be creating drama over something that didn't happen. Ms Brown, is everything alright?"

As I attempted to respond, my head spun, and in an instant, a crowd gathered around me.

"I'm.. I'm fine"

" Don't be ridiculous Ms Brown. Let's get you in the hospital.."

at the hospital

"Take care of her, every health expenses are on me and please let me know what happened to her."

"Roger that president."

One day in, and already injured. I hope it's nothing serious, I need to continue for the sake of the mission. As I tried to stand up, the pain hit me..

"Oh no, dear your ribs a completely broken! You need to stay in bed and rest"

"My ribs?? This is nonsense, just wrap me with some bands, I'm gonna be fine."

"Oh youth nowadays.. dear just be careful, avoid twisting your body and limit your physical core exercises and no running."

'great just great... what even I CAN do.. I swear I'm fucking killing that mother fucker.'

"Thank you so much Mrs. I'll be going now"

I have to make reports now. I just hope I'm not going to have any problems with the assistants and shit..

"Ms Brown you're.. back??"

"LSG is planning on destroying our defense system and then entering the centre so they can get access to all the information about people they targeted and much more. I don't have any information about the date for the mission."

"Impressive.. Recruit Brown what exactly was your position?"

"Hiding in the vents sir."

"Tell me do you have any experiences with going undercover?"

" certainly not"

"I'm sending you on a solo mission. LSG will be hosting an opening for their new program or some kind if product. You're going here as a GourmetPalate member. I am a good friend with the CEO of the company. He will send me everything you'll need to know. Your task from me is to find the back chambers and steal their plan data."

"Understood. Is there anything else I need to know?"

"That's everything for now, you can now leave. And please be careful"

"Thank you so much for your concern President."

.
..
...

"After only one day, I took a big step. Everything happened really fast. In just one day, I was sent on a solo mission. It's pretty cool, honestly."

"Oh honey! We are so proud of you. Tell me how has living in the city been? Archie came back from Spain and got a new job as a regular town chief"

"Oh really? Why did he leave his job? Wasn't he like the best of all the officers?"

"Oh darling. He said he wanted to spend more time with his family and besides he's got a partner now and..."

"Oh, well living here is nothing special really, just very expensive. But nothing morbidly different"

"Well darling, I'm glad to hear that you're happy. I have to go now it's late amd I have to go to work tomorrow, I love you so much"

"Love you too mom! goodbye"

"Goodbye sweety and call me more often!!!"

"I will goodbye now"

**hangs up**

Ding

What does she need now.. never mind it's the President

"Hello Sia, I'm sending you all the details for your upcoming mission. We've sent an outfit for the party you'll be attending. Your main task is to gather information about the new leader of the group. When you come in tomorrow, we'll provide you with all the additional details.

-Sincerely President Clay Onier Aleksander"

"He called me by my name? The outfit? I'mso confused"

"Oh found it.... EXCUSE ME WHAT KIND OF PEOPLE ARE THOSE? How am I supposed to wear this..? And how do they know my size???"

Ding

"I sent you a black dress tailored for a formal affair. This gown features a timeless floor-length design with a fitted bodice and a subtle mermaid silhouette, creating a sleek and sophisticated look. The elegant off the shoulder neckline adds a touch of allure, while the subtle satin detailing along the waistline adds a hint of glamour. It's a classic and chic choice for a memorable formal party. I hope you like it"

"EXCUSE ME? AM I GOING TO PAY FOR THIS? Anyways I need to think of a way to wear my suit underneath. Because I doubt I can move in this..."

the next day at the office

"Okay now, we found data for this new deputy leader. His name is Nolan Miller, he's a 26 year old male, brown hair, hazel eyes and around 195cm(6'5)tall. He joined the organization just some days ago and he's believed to have a key for the back chambers. I need you to find him and make him gain your trust. Understood?"

"Understood. Do we have any pictures of him by any chance?"

"We do. Why do you ask?"

"So I can recognize him better"

'He sounds attractive that's why I'm asking.....'

"Well then, there it is"

"HUH?!?"

~to be continued