𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 1

The car ride was really silent and felt like it had been going on forever. We drove past at least 3 big cities before all I saw was just trees. Where were we going? To the place I'm supposed to stay at until I graduate. Why? I have no damn clue, but I definitely wasn't looking forward to it. I had done some research and found out that this school was just placed out in the middle of nowhere hours away from home. From what I saw on the pictures it looked like those mansions covered in vines, it looked somewhat cozy I gotta admit but my hatred towards my mom and stepdad made me hate absolutely everything.

"Y/n, look, I know you will not be happy with us, but we have no other choice. We have decided to have you switch schools, amd you are going to have to live there until you graduate..It's for your best"

The words echoed in my head while I was silently crying in the backseat, looking out the window, having my true Y/n moment. Why would my parents put me in a school so far away and why so suddenly? How did they not have any other choice? I'm leaving everything behind, I won't see my parents or my grandparents for at least 3 years and I don't even get to know why, and that's what made me hate them.

With about an hour left in the car my parents tried to start a conversation at least 4 times with me, but I just ignored them and kept listening to my much more interesting podcast about crimes. The crimes usually were the same but I thought the motives and how the crime gets solved piqued my interests more than the description of a body stuffed down into a pipe and all that other gory stuff. Sadly I didn't get too far considering my parents kept interrupting, and soon we drove past a gigantic gate, with a sign of the school's name in front of it.

My parents looked oh so excited, they basically jumped out of the car as soon as it was parked. My step dad went straight to get my bags and my mom was the typical movie mom, standing by the car enjoying the view typa movie mom. This made me hate them even more by every second that passed.

"Really breaks my heart knowing we won't get to see you for 3 more years, I wish there could have been some other way.." Mom sighed slowly and turned to look at me, who had just got out of the car.

"I'm gonna die out of boredom here" I whispered under my breath.

"Y/n I'm really sorry, okay? I don't want this either but we have to, and it will be better for your own sake too! Your principal will be waiting for you by the door, so we will have to go now, but please please, behave and don't give everyone a hard time okay?" She hugged me tightly, and I could feel her tears, but it still felt so fake.

My step dad didn't bid me any goodbyes, my bags were on the ground and he was back in the car. I had a slight feeling he was the one behind this. My dad died when I was six, and my mom started dating my step dad when I was 8, who has a son who is 1 year older than me, Jason. I haven't exactly gotten along with either of them and I'm guessing I had to switch to this school simply because they were tired of arguing with me, but who knows. Mom hugged me once more and I went on with my luggage towards the door, when I heard a car leave. I didn't even need to turn around to know it was my mom and step dad leaving. Sighing, I opened the door and was greeted by a really tall woman and a guy that looked to be around my age.

"Y/n L/n right?" The tall woman spoke and I nodded, she motioned with her hand and another guy came and took my luggage. "He's just taking your stuff to your room, I'm the principal, but we'll do more introductions later, this is your guide and when you pass by my office you'll get your key" The woman said and left quickly, as if she was in a hurry.

"So, you are the new kid, welcome, I'm Jeongin Yang" He smiled. It's like the first friendly thing I've seen since yesterday or something.

"Y/n L/n" I smiled back.