three

[jeno: manager han gave the okay for the interview! when can we get started?]

Your stomach contorted itself at the message that just popped up on your phone screen. Last night you'd left the lounge with a growing sense of dread and anxiety. And Jeno's phone number.

[jeno: i have a fitting this afternoon but i'll be done in time to get dinner]

[jeno: if that works for you, of course]

[jeno: we can always start it another day, whatever is good for you!]

[jeno: do you want me to send you my schedule for the next few weeks to make it easier for us to get together?]

Your phone's continuous buzzing with enthusiastic and sincerely kind messages from him caught the attention of NingNing, whose feet were currently resting on your lap as you shared your couch together.

"When did you get so popular?" She questioned teasingly, peering at you over her own phone screen.

"It's just one person," you informed her.

"Who texts you that much in a row other than me?"

"Lee Jeno, apparently."

"Y/N, you seem very unenthusiastic about this," she declared with a thoughtful frown, completely abandoning her phone. "Isn't this a really big break for you?"

"I'm still a little shocked," you admitted. "And scared."

She shoved you with her foot. "Well at least text him back."

"Right."

Not a great idea to leave him on read.

[you: a copy of your schedule would be great]

[you: and yes, i can do dinner tonight]

It was less than a minute later that he replied.

[jeno: here's my schedule]

[jeno: attached image]

[jeno: and could you give me your address so i can drive you to dinner tonight? the place i have in mind is kind of hard to find if you haven't been before]

A lot was happening right now. Too much for you to process. Good thing there was another brain in this room to help you process it.

"Hey, NingNIng?" You got her attention before thrusting your phone screen towards her so she could read the texts.

"Uh, three options here." She pointed to a new finger for each one as she listed them off: "He's ridiculously excited about this interview; he likes you; or he's going to kill you."

"So far the last one seems most likely."

With a shake of your head, you sent him your address.

Your fingers anxiously tapped along your bouncing knee as you waited on your couch for the text from Jeno that he was here. He told you that the restaurant was just casual, but you weren't sure that a model's idea of casual wear was the same as yours.

Jeez, what were you doing? Getting dinner with and interviewing one of the most well-known models in the country? You were so out of your depth here.

A buzz came from your other hand that was tightly gripping your phone. An incoming call from Jeno. Maybe he was calling to cancel, and you could just keep rescheduling until you both gave up on the whole idea and you never showed your face in that VIP lounge again.