Monday January 8, 8:08

The frosty morning air tingles Bobbie and Anaïs as they walk hand in hand to the bus stop. A thin layer of glistening frost is visible on the street. The first day back to school after Christmas break has arrived, and the cold air reinforces a sense of renewal. The last few weeks of the previous semester were difficult for both Anaïs and Bobbie. But now that these problems have been resolved, they are ready for a new semester and a fresh start.

As they approach the bus stop, Bobbie's eyes blink mischievously. She spots a small winter pansy sticking out of someone's garden and she can't resist picking it. Anaïs - who has stopped walking to watch Bobbie's actions - looks amazed. Bobbie puts the flower behind Anaïs' ear as she says "For the most beautiful girl" with a playful grin on her face. "You are too sweet" says Anaïs surprised and she leans forward to give Bobbie a quick kiss on her cheek.

They stare lovingly into each other's eyes. Then Anaïs turns to continue walking toward the bus stop. With a playful tone, she remarks: "So now you're stealing flowers, huh?". "Ooooh, naughty," Bobbie grins.

They don't have much time to waste, as their bus is only a few feet away. The girls quickly run to the bus and climb aboard. The warmth of the bus provides a comforting contrast to the wintry outside air. The girls find a seat together and settle in, still cherishing their little stolen moment in the garden.

When they arrive at school, they join their friends at the entrance. Hanne, Otis, Ada and Mila are already there. Hanne's facial expression shows a mixture of reluctance and exhaustion. "I can't believe Christmas break is already over," groans Hanne with a hint of disappointment. "I'm not ready for the early mornings yet. Can't we just go back to holidays?". Bobbie chuckles and wraps an arm around Anaïs. "Don't worry, Hanne. We'll get through this" Bobbie says to Hanne with a reassuring smile. "Let's look on the bright side, shall we? We have each other and a whole semester full of memories ahead of us" Otis adds with genuine enthusiasm. Ada tries to further encourage Hanne: "And remember, it's only five weeks until spring break, you will really survive it Hanne". Anaïs replies with a bright smile, "And thanks to Bobbie, I have a little piece of spring with me today" as she playfully points to the delicate winter violet nestled in her hair. Hanne playfully rolls her eyes, "Well, I hope this little flower brings us some happiness and positivity for the upcoming semester. Let's face it together, squad!"

As the group of friends gets ready to leave for their classrooms, Anaïs and Bobbie share one last sweet kiss. Otis can't resist taking a moment to tease Anaïs. He smirks and says, "Ai, ai, ai, another person kissing on the playground. Didn't you think that was gross, Anaïs?" Anaïs blushes, a mixture of embarrassment and amusement appearing on her face. Even though Otis' words leave Bobbie a little puzzled, she can imagine what Anaïs might have said before. She gently rubs Anaïs' back to reassure her. "I know, I know. Now I understand," Anaïs replies. Hanne grins and playfully nudges her, "See, I told you so."