CHAPTER 2: HUNTERS

It had taken me the whole afternoon to manage to find the shop I was looking for. I know I should've turned to my usual route, but due to what happened with the two thugs and the girl, I have no choice but to change direction to avoid the guards there.....I'm not going to risk myself being imprisoned ...nope, not again.

Now I'm currently standing in front of an old-looking brick house with a sign of an anvil and a hammer. When I was about to reach the handle, sounds of metals being hammered down could be heard as I entered.

The one who was hammering the melted iron stopped and stood up upon hearing the chime of the door. It was a woman with dark skin, and grayish puffy hair, and was wearing a leather apron, a gray T-shirt with visible black marks from the charcoals near the furnace, and black pants. Her muscular physique and tall height easily towered over me. If it were a regular person, they would run away quickly upon seeing her intimidating face.

"Well, good to see you again, Flint, what do you want?" She smiled upon realizing it was me who entered her shop.

"The regular repairs as always," I said, as I opened my bag revealing my broken armor.

"Oh, Wow....that's broken, it would cost you extra you know."

Seeing her smirk upon saying that, I sigh underneath before taking out a pouch full of silver and copper coins. The clinking sound erupted when I threw it toward her and managed to catch it.

"Is that enough?"

"Yes, just lay your armor on my counter while I reheat the furnace."

She gestured to the counter on her back next to the furnace where she was hammering the iron earlier. I nodded and walked to the counter while she went to the furnace.

"I heard there's Hunters here in Resurgent, what do you plan to do?"

Her sudden question caught me off guard as she kept fixing the furnace. I can only let out a loud tired sigh while looking at the ceiling, remembering the past. She knows how I feel about Hunters and their selfishness so I can't just say: "I don't care as long they don't cause any trouble", that would just be putting a Band-Aid in an infected wound.

"I...don't know, but if they do something suspicious....I would not hesitate to kill them all." I respond with a cold tone.

She only scratched her head upon hearing my answer as she stood up and looked at me with a neutral expression.

"You know....there's good Hunters out there, right?" She said with warmness in her tone.

I only scoff at that word, "Not to be rude, Miss Nora, but a good Hunter...is a dead Hunter."

She let out only a tired sigh before checking my armor and the damage. She rubbed her chin as her eyes analyzed all the broken parts before looking at me with a confused look.

"Did you wrestle a bear or something? These claw marks are bigger than your head." She said as she held the chest plate armor.

The chest plate looked like it would crumble down at any moment due to the severe damage it had taken from my last mission. If the armor weren't taking all the blow, I would have not been standing here right now. However, the one that caused that damage was another problem.

"Let's see, vambraces are broken, your chest plate is completely wrecked, your boots, and leggings have seen better days. I can re-forge them, but you going to need new gauntlets."

"I'll pass, how long does it take to finish?" I said denying about needing new gauntlets. I'm not going to waste my money on a pair of gauntlets when I already have my leather ones.