✨Chapter 7✨

-2 weeks later-

After katie recovered from her father being selfish, Katie's grandmother offered katie to stay with her for a while for safety reasons, katie agreed, but Dr black, and the others were disappointed that she agreed to stay, but they knew it was better for her, knowing that she will be in better hands.

Diablos, and Maurice would sometimes visit to make sure katie was alright, along with cord, and pronto. Tho, they would sometimes try, and convince katie to join them back to Dr black, or the shane gang, but katie just declined, knowing that she will get hurt again, or maybe worst.

-Back to the story-

Katie walks up to her grandmother, shanai, she noticed that she was meditating, she decides to slowly walk up to her, and tap her gently on her shoulder, shanai opened her eyes, and turned her head, and noticed katie.

"Oh, katie, its you, is there a problem?" shanai asks, katie rubbed the back of her neck, "No, there isn't a problem, i was just wondering if i could go, and see some of my old friends, along with going back to my home that my mother left for me?" katie asks, shanai decides to get up, and grab her staff, "Why would you want to go back to your old home? and why would you want to see the people who didn't take care of you in the first place, like they promised?" shanai asks with a raised eye brow, katie sighed deeply, "Because, i don't wanna abandon the one thing my own mother left for me, and i am pretty sure that it was a misunderstanding, i mean Dr black, and his henchmen was battling the shane gang, so i can't really be mad at them. I mean nobody can look out for me forever, so i need to look out for myself, and study more about self-defence." katie explained, shanai slowly nodded, "You do make a good point." shanai chuckles, "You are just like your mother. Always looking on the bright side of things" shanai said while putting a hand on katie's cheek, katie gave a slight chuckle, "If only she was here to see me now." katie said with a sad smile, shanai gave a sad smile as well, "But at least she knows how strong of a warrior you have become, and i can already tell, that she is proud of you for every step you take in life." shanai exclaims with a smile, katie gave a smile back, "So, can i go?" katie asks, shanai nodded in approval, katie, and shanai shared a hug, and katie quickly runs over to her mecha beast, "Bye, grandma!" katie shouted, shanai gave a smile, "Bye, katie, feel free to come back at any time." shanai said, "I will!" katie shouted, and rode her mecha beast.

As katie was ridding her mecha beast into a cavern, her lizard slug decides to crawl onto her shoulder, and purr, katie looks over, and noticed pearl, "Hey, ready to finally go home, pearl?" katie asks, pearl purred, and nodded.

-Time skip-

After a while of ridding through slugterra, katie has stumbled across a cavern, she decides to look around for a while with pearl.

As katie was walking around the cavern with her mecha beast, she suddenly noticed Dr blacks henchmen, she decides to walk up to some of the henchmen workers, "Hey, guys, how you guys doing?" katie asks, the henchmen looks over, and noticed katie, they then gasped quietly, slightly surprised on seeing katie, "Miss katie, i thought you were with shanai." one of the henchmen questioned, katie gave a slight chuckle, "I was, but i decided to go back to my home, and hoped to see some of my friends on the way." katie explained while giving a slight smile.

"Well, we are very glad to see that you are at least alright." the second henchmen said, katie was about to say something but was interrupted by the shadow clan, making a disturbance, and making a ruckus of things, "Help!" one of the henchmen shouted in the distance, katie decides to get off of her mecha beast, and starts to run towards the ruckus, but was stopped by one of the henchman, "You can't go there, its to dangerous!" one of the henchmen said in fear, katie looks back at the henchmen, "Don't worry, I'll be fine, just go, and make sure everyone is safe!" katie stated, the henchmen nodded, and ran back to the loading vehicle to call for back up.