Chapter 2 - The Ritual

The whole room was still with the silence. It had moved. It had actually moved. This was real. 

"Waaaaaaaaaaaahhh! Obi it's speaking! ITS SPEAKING!"

"Ara ara, calm down Kanroji. Shinazugawa, can you ask another question please?"

Shinazugawa rolled his eyes and scoffed, but he seemed to be jumpy and his hands were trembling slightly.

"Oi! Ghost! What do you want?"

"To play a game..."

"Now if that isn't just downright fucking creepy, I don't know what is."

"Obanai, watch your language."

"Apologies Himejima, but you must agree with me."

"That, I do."

Sanemi gulped and gripped the knees of his pants, his knuckles turning white.

"What the hell do you mean by play a game?"

"I'll show you..."

All of a sudden, the room went dark, then the lights began to flicker rapidly. Everyone stood up and panicked as a red fog rose out of the board and began to cover the floor of the room. Tomioka tried the door, as soon as he managed to get it open, the fog seemed to push it shut. Tomiokas eyes were wide in disbelief as the fog dragged him into the board. Similar things happened to the rest of the hashira until there was one left. Uzui had managed to evade the coils of the fog thus far thanks to him being the fastest of all the hashira, but even his luck ran out eventually when a smoky tendrils wrapped around his ankle, catching him, and dragging him into the board. Once all of the hashira had been dragged, one by one, into the board, the fog seemed to get sucked in aswell, leaving the room just as it had been before these events had transpired, only now, the nine people who had been here before had vanished.

The place they ended up in was completely unfamiliar. There were large hadges that rose to be easily ten metres in the air, the ground was paved with grey bricks, and all around those hedges, edging the paths that surrounded them, was the red fog. This place was eerie and dark. There was barely any light, there was only the occasional lantern floating in place above the paths. This was a maze, a maze that stretched on endlessly, and they were in the centre of it.

Rengoku pov:

This place... this place is bad, I can feel it in my bones. Why are we here? What is this place? How do we get out?

Uzui pov:

I get bad vibes here, not flashy at all, in fact, I would even say unflashy! It's giving me the creeps just being here!

Tokito pov:

Wait, where am I again? Eh, who cares, it doesn't matter if I forgot.

Kocho pov:

Ara ara~ where on earth have we all ended up? We must find a way to get out of here soon, or I fear we may lose out lives!

Shinazugawa pov:

Where the hell are we!? What the fuck even happened there? Some ghost-type shit pulling us into the board? I'll kill that fucking ghost!

Obanai pov:

What happened there? Whatever happens, I need to keep Kanroji safe! She is my top priority right now!

Kanroji pov:

Waaaaaaaaaaaahhh!!! What happened? Where are we? I'm scared!! Pull yourself together Mitsuri, your a hashira for goodness sake!

Himejima pov:

I can sense that we are no longer at the Butterfly Estate... but that brings up the question : where exactly are we, and how do we get back?

Tomioka pov:

I'm useless... if I had managed to keep the door open, we might have been able to escape. Now we're stuck here, and it's all my fault.

"Hello, welcome to the game! We're going to have so much fun together! But first, I have some more guests to bring!"

Red fog rose from the cracks in the stone paving on the floor. It all converged and swirled around before dissipating into thin air and revealing... some of the Twelve Kizuki? Who were looking just as stunned and confused as they were...

(640 words) sorry, I know it's short but bear with me, I have alot of work I need to do. It will get better, I promise.

Anyways, here's the list of characters in the maze:

Humans:

Rengoku Kyojuro

Uzui Tengen

Tokito Muichiro

Shinazugawa Sanemi 

Kocho Shinobu

Obanai Iguro

Kanroji Mitsuri

Himejima Gyomei

Tomioka Giyuu

Demons:

Kibitsuji Muzan

Kokushibo

Douma

Akaza

Nakime

Gyutaro

Daki

Enmu

Rui