✭・.・✫ 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁✭・.・✫

𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒍𝒖𝒄𝒌𝒚 𝒐𝒏𝒆,𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁

𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒍𝒖𝒄𝒌𝒚 𝒐𝒏𝒆,
𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁.

───── ❝ 𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳 𝘪𝘵 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘪𝘭𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘦, 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘧𝘦𝘦𝘭 𝘪𝘵 𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘺 𝘩𝘰𝘮𝘦, 𝘸𝘢𝘺 𝘩𝘰𝘮𝘦, 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘴𝘦𝘦 𝘪𝘵 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵𝘴 𝘰𝘶𝘵...𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 𝘪𝘯 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 ❞ ─────

𝟏𝐬𝐭 𝐌𝐚𝐲 𝟐𝟎𝟎𝟖
𝐍𝐮𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟑, 𝐒𝐭 𝐖𝐞𝐬 𝐒𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐭,
𝐖𝐚𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐭𝐨𝐧 𝐕𝐢𝐫𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐚.

It'd been four days since Aaron had left Washington, another case whisking him away - not that Juniper minded too much, she was busy herself with organising the residency program, hiring new nurses and dealing with her overbearing older brother.

Him being away made her feel less guilty for having such a tight schedule, but still, she missed him every time she crawled into her bed alone. Juniper had slept in his shirt every night since he'd left, it was a newfound habit.

Running the residency program meant that her usual early shifts started even earlier now, whilst waking up at 4AM wasn't what she wanted, it was worth it when her phone lit up.

𝐀𝐚𝐫𝐨𝐧 𝐇. 🔥🔥 𝐢𝐬 𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐲𝐨𝐮...

"Good morning, baby" Juniper cooed as soon as she answered the call, still tucked into bed, her laptop on her lap, "I was just thinking about you" She hummed in approval.

"I didn't think you'd be up" He admitted, voice deep in exhaustion, "I'm happy to hear your voice, sweet girl. M'on my way home"

Juniper looked down at her watch, grimacing at the time, "It's 2am there, right?"

"Uh-huh. Should be landing about 6am for you" Aaron sighed heavily, "Are you on call today?"

"7-2" She mumbled, "Get some sleep, honey. Maybe we can have lunch together if I'm not necessary for any surgeries"

"I'd like that. I miss you, sweetheart" He revealed, voice a softer whisper - a hopeful attempt for a bit of privacy on the jet.

"Your shirt no longer smells of you" Juniper sighed dramatically, "And I think I prefer your bed more than my own"

Aaron chuckled in amusement, "Is that your way of saying you miss me too?"