Chapter 4

------------------------------------------------------------
Basani's POV

Me: Ngwana mina.(my child)

Zenokuhle's : Mama, kwenzakalani?

Me : Nguye.He has a mark on his left wrist.

Zenokuhle : Who Ma?

Me : Vun'we bya wena na yena byi ta ku ponisa.(Your unity with him will save you)

Slindile : Sesi ku humelela yini?(Sister whats going on?)

Zenokuhle's POV

What? Slindile knows how to speak Tsonga?What is she doing here?

Me: What are you doing here?

Basani: I nkari.Byela Sana ntiyiso(It's time.Tell Sana the truth)

Me: Mama yini ngale bracelet(Mama what's with this bracelet) ?

Basani : Ngiyahamba isikhashana. Usezandleni eziphephile no Sli.(I'm going away for a while.You are in safe hands with Sli)

Slindile : Xana a swi fanele swi va tano sweswi.(Did it have to be now?)

Like always my mom just smiles and walks away.I hear her voice echoing as she dissappears into the garden.

Basani : "U ta tshama a ri na wena.U ku rhandze hambi a nga si ku tiva." (He will always be with you.He loved you even before he knew you.)

'Vuka Sana'
-------------------------------------------------------------

I am suddenly woken up by Slindile.I'm tired of these dreams now.Before anything I remember that i still haven't paid money for registration. I look at the window and notice that it's dark outside.I must have slept the whole afternoon. Oh no! I remember passing out while going down the stairs.

Me : Registration!! Kusasa is the 10th

Slindile : Awuyi lapho.( you are not going there)

Me : My parents had so much money.How come I never got a cent.

Slindile : It was their money not yours.And besides, money is evil.

Me : What about amaphupho ami? Please. lend me some money.Ngizokukhokhela

I quickly stand up from the bed and start fixing my luggage so that I can leave this house. I got so confused by the dreams I've been having about my parents to a point where I forgot that I don't know these people.I don't even know where I'm going to stay. Mama and Baba's lawyers haven't said anything about the will.Why not call my friends? I don't have any.My parents lifestyle meant that they had many enemies so I really couldn't live a normal life as umtwana.I got used to it though.

As I attempt to leave the room Slindile tries to stop me.

Slindile: I'm not going to allow you to leave Pretoria just to chase some stupid dream of becoming a doctor in KZN

Me: Stupid? Watch me.

Slindile: Let's sit down sikhulume.

Me : Leave me alone Gogo

Slindile: What about your parents?

Me: Bafile and nothing will bring them back.

Slindile: You really believe that? Phela you have been seeing them for the past few days.

Me : It's just dreams. They mean nothing.Sabangcwaba nje(we buried them)

Slindile : Did you see their dead bodies?
Me : No but the funeral they-

I look at the door and I see Iminathi peeping through.

Iminathi: At least stay for dinner Kuhle.

As I am about to answer she interrupts me.