Chapter 1 ~ Lasya

Lasya ~

I still remember 
Third of December
Me in your sweater
You said it looked better 

"SHUT UP MY EARS HURT!"

On me than it did you
Only if you knew 
How much I liked you 
But I watch yoUUURRR EEEYYYEESSSS 

"ACTUALLY SHUT THE FUCK UP. SHUT UP."

AS SHE WAALLLKKKSSS BYYY 
WHHAATTT A SIIGHHT FOR SOOORREEEE EYYEEESSS 
BRIIGHTERR THAN THE BLUUUUEEEE SKKKYYYYYYY 
SHES GOT YOU MESMERISSEDDD 

"WHILE YOU FUCKING DIE, THIS IS THE LIMIT!"

My little brother stormed into the room. As though he'll ever understand true music taste, his idol is Andrew Tate for god's sake. Its pathetic. 

December 3rd, the most beautiful day of the year. I've been celebrating for the past three years and it still never fails to get me teary eyed. I listen to Conan Gray as though I've been through 3 divorces and 2 major breakups but in reality I ain't never holding a guys hand. 

Never seen any guy in living existence wash it so I refrain from doing so as much as humanely possible. 

I continue humming the tune under my breath. At least today is a Sunday, going back to school would be a holy nightmare after everything that happened on Friday. 

I'm sure as hell not looking forward to going back tomorrow but in the pettiest way possible I really want the stupid box of chocolates they give kids with full attendance, as that's more of a trophy than anything else would be. 

School is definitely not anything to be looking forward to these days. Only a few days ago, I had my most massive argument with my best friend Emma that we have ever had so far, and as many times as we've had the silent treatment phase, this time it seems for good. 

We became best friends when we were 12, and now drawing closer to 15, it has been a long as fuck journey that neither of us wanted to end.

So I tried my best not to, and so did she. Every single day since the start of this school year, we've been having an increasing number of fights, some of which are my fault, and some of which are her fault, and the remainder being our friends making jokes and her taking it to heart and me not having one to take it to.

Emma takes shit seriously, I don't take shit at all. If somebody starts arguing with me, sure all hell I will be arguing back until they give up or they give up. It doesn't end in anything else. 

Emma doesn't work like that. Every word said counts either for or against her, and she cares too much about everyone except me. When she got badly sick a few months ago for example, she couldn't care less about me trying to look out for her but what really really mattered was how many of our friends checked up on her through me. 

I gave up exactly two days ago, on Friday. Said we needed distance, we've been fighting non-stop, and it's for the best. She said it was fine. 

Then she went ahead and talked about it to anyone who would listen for more than 5 minutes flat. A lot of people, really.

I can't care so much about what people say, I really have a mad ton more priorities than all this. But it ain't helpful either. I'd much rather stay under the radar for now, honestly. 

And it doesn't help that the boys in my class seem to be getting nicer and nicer to me. I've lost a bit of weight due to exam stress, may that be it? 

And my acne is still a bit dark compared to my skin, only because I picked at it, but no new pimples which may also be an improvement.  

But either way, I wasn't imagining shit - the guys in my class and other classes did seem to be politer to me by a great deal, even becoming friends. 

I did have a friend group of mainly guys with just me and Emma, but we all fought over time and that doesn't exist anymore. But it was never like, flirty, and I think it is now? Or is it just normal niceness? 

Either way, I wouldn't know.

But here, I ain't dating any until it's a smoke show of a man. And as I said previously, staying under the radar. 

Before going to sleep after half an hour of listening to Heather on repeat, I recited my nightly prayers once again for the benefit of my mother who was standing at the door. 

I highly doubt my conservative Indian parents would even slightly approve of what I pray for, its more likely that they'd disown me, but I'm not expected to say them out loud anyway. 

"Dear God, please make Emma grow the fuck up because she's being mentally childish, but that's probably because she's mentally challenged and a bitch but please just give her holy karma. Also, I almost forgot, good exams. Thank you God, and goodnight." 

I smiled at my mum again before diving under the blankets and snoring almost 5 minutes later despite all that was on my mind.

Hey guys, this is my first attempt at a story in a few years so thanks for reading. It's a little bit boring and cliché for now but I promise it will get better. Once again thank you to the few people reading, I appreciate it so much. Don't forget to vote! Love, Riya. 

Also please don't mind if it is undergoing some serious changes, hope youse still enjoy it :)