Prologue

Jeffrey Royale 'a mulberry half hedgehog half echidna' was playing around in the playground as he laughed.

Shade (Age 31) has been watching his son while his wife is at the grocery store with his other three children.

Jeffrey giggled while looking at the sky. Then Jeffrey sees his father looking up at the sky and then at the picture of his family, his half big sisters, his twin brother, and his two fathers 'Sonic and Knuckles'.

Shade said to himself, "Jeffrey has been growing up. I wish my Dads were here but they're at a paradise enjoying retirement."

'Curious' Jeffrey rushes to his father and asked, "Dad? Are you okay?"

Shade looks at his son and answered, "Oh yes, I'm just thinking."

Jeffrey asked as he sat down, "About what?"

Shade answered him, "Well, the first one is about your grandfathers and the second is one of the adventures I had."

Jeffrey asked, "What kind of adventures did you have Dad?"

Shade replied with a wink, "Ones that are similar to your Grandfather-Son did when he was young. Though there was one in particular that led me to the light."

Jeffrey asked in a curious tone, "The light Dad?"

Shade nodded before he said, "Let me tell you a story Jeffrey. It's about me when I was your age."

Jeffrey sat down and listened.

Shade then said, "It all started after your Aunt Satoko moved away with her fiancé 'Neko FoxWolf', your Aunt Risa just entered high school while she and your Aunt Maddox kept on defending the world against Sage Robotnik and her evil twins 'Ivo II (The Second) and Marie', while me and your Uncle Flare were still doin our training as a hero and guardian. I was having a talk with your grandfathers."

Then the time flashback to when Shade was 10 years old. That's where the story begins.