11.

(surprise pov! not sure how often ava's pov will appear.. maybe as in infrequently as my updating)

Ava Nott

"Is there something you're not telling me?" Julian asks from my bed. We've been sitting in silence for a while, I lost track of time - that happens a lot. Not really one for time management. Alone with Julian is still a bit of a wonder for me, I don't really do that - be alone with someone. Don't allow myself too be I suppose. But over the last few weeks, I have allowed him into my space and my alone time. He just kind of slotted in. Perfectly. As if he is supposed to be there.

I turn to look at him from the desk in the corner of my dorm, but it's close enough to my bed that I don't feel bad that i'm not sitting with him.

"What?" I ask eyeing him. He's beautiful really, sometimes I think I purposefully didn't notice it at first. Like I knew he was attractive but wouldn't allow myself to think it. Sometimes it's like I'm seeing him for the first time again. His golden hair - that's not quite blonde but also not quite brown, pushed back to perfection. Big blue eyes, but dark blue. Big lips. Big trouble. At least for me. Big trouble for me.

He stands and I have to tilt my head to watch him walk the few steps from my bed to my desk. He's six foot, which is ridiculous for sixteen. He rests a hand on the back of my chair and leans over me slightly. Always smells good. Something I've always noticed about him.

He wears two rings. One of his pinky and another on his middle. Opposite hands. His family crest and just a sliver band. I watch his face as he looks at the books, and papers on my desk.

"This isn't school work" He states and looks down at me. He frowns just slightly. "So is there something you're not telling me?" he asks against quieter this time, more sincere. He lowers slightly so we're face to face. I stare at him, as I feel the lump form in my throat. The thing is, Kai never told me not to tell anyone, but it's sort of an unwritten rule isn't it? Someone you care about has a secret - something that could get them killed, you probably shouldn't be telling anyone. And I do, Care about Kai, but keeping a secret from Julian feels wrong. Especially when somehow, I'm tangled up in this. Why? Great question. So is it my secret to? Does this somehow become my thing? How far does something like this expand?

"How do you know I'm not just researching for fun?" I ask trying to keep myself composed. Julian smiles, his dimples appearing. And my stomach sort of does this flip, because he's beautiful and he's becoming my favourite person, quickly. Bit scary really. "What?"

"Are you?" He asks.

"I might be" I've never been a very good liar. It makes me sweaty, I get nervous and uncomfortable. Charlie always said it was my best and worst trait. The inability to lie. If I'm ever in a life or death situation where lying is concerned - I'll be dead.

"And you researching" He pauses and re looks over at the desk. "Dark magic healings?"

Kai's mark isn't healing. I can't find out why, can't figure it out. It's annoying. Frustrating me actually. I don't like not knowing because you can learn everything. If you want too, you can learn anything you want.

"I want to be a healer, a doctor" I shrug and he licks his lips. "It's interesting" I'm not lying. It is interesting. The body, the body is an interesting subject.

"I know" He replies reaching and cupping my jaw. I feel pathetic because my heart rate increases. I'm no better than Lila Malfoy, the girl who is constantly swooning over a man. Although, she's never actually dated one. I think everyone is scared too, her brother, her father - pretty scary people I suppose. Not too me. Never really understood why people think Ezra is scary.