In my room

I walked around my room, seeing the things I kept of yours, you had asked for some stuff back because you know if I kept it I would only hurt myself even more, you were right I am hurting. Touching the scratchy fabric of your sweatshirt I laughed, I never understood why you liked scratchy fabric over smooth, you always confused me but you made my life into something fun and I'll always miss you.

I'll never get over you

We wanted things to last, I mean you had to have wanted things to last because you said " I love you" first. did that have a different meaning? You always acted like you loved me, surprising me at my dance recitals with flowers, spending nights with me when my friends ditched me, and that promise ring, do you remember that?  It was a small diamond, my birth stone with a flimsy ring part but it was cute and it was my favorite piece of jewelry.

Did we move too fast? 

I remember it like it was yesterday. I had gone over your house unannounced to surprise you because your birthday was coming up, I had a single white rose for you, our inside joke. I used my key to enter your back door because that's what it was for, that's what the keys purpose was for but when I got in and walked into the next room you stood there starring at me, a stupid smile on my face and just said " how did you get in?" I didn't know what to say but I saw suitcases all over the floor. You told me you were leaving, not going, but leaving to Georgia.

what happened between us?

You said you were going to tell me but we both knew you weren't, we both knew. The way you looked at me when you saw me, I never saw that look before, it wasn't sadness or despair, it was worry, but not like you were worried about me when I found out, worried that I would  find out. 

Why did you want to leave me so bad?

I saw the promise ring on my dresser and picked it up. I guess forever doesn't really mean forever, but that's ok because I'll move on just like you did, I'll start a new life just like you did so easily. Were you homesick? Could you not find what you were looking for with me? Tell me, was I not enough? There's so much more in life than just you, you make me want to move on, you make me need to.

I move to my window and look into the night sky, the stars were beautiful, are beautiful. Just like you. But I'm moving on and I can't dwell on the past while your living it up somewhere probably with a new girl who you have to start fresh with, you said you still love me but you don't make me feel loved anymore. I look a the stars and realize that your nothing more to me than a mere speck of nothingness. I sit down and smile because I'm getting over you, I will get over you.

I'll never get over you.