8

I woke up sore and tired on my bed and the last thing I remember was Ashton running wildly before I blacked out.

Great, I must I have must have been tranquilized.

Adrian or Nate must have followed me and brought me back.

I hated being tranquilized. It makes me less active and sometimes causes me a migraine.

I reached out for my pills, that I always kept just Incase of some things like these, after taking it, i rested on the bed a little bit longer knowing if I were to stand up I would have a migraine.

I laided on the bed for thirty minutes, before getting dressed and heading to the office.

"Lucas, your up already" Nate waves at me the moment I come down the stairs. Every one was already out of the house.

"Didn't wanna be on the bed" I replied, heading to the kitchen for a drink.

"Your sister came to check on you" Nate tells me as I jug down the water. "Yeah so?" I paused to rest on the island.

"She said she heard your growls and thought you had- you know" he sighs. "I told her that she shouldn't worry that you're fine"

"Good" I sighed. "Any news from Adrian" I changed the subject.

Nate went silent and I turned to look back at him. "Well?" He bent his head a bit and sighs. "What's going on Nate?" My heart, speeding up.

"They are still searching" he half smiles

I grunt frustrated, Ashton still hasn't surfaced yet, so it was easy to control my anger.

"Yeah so erm. What about the meeting you're supposed to attend with Alpha Jacob from the West forest pack" he reminds me making me fist my hands "seriously! Do I have to"

"Well you already planned to have it two weeks ago, so yeah, you have too" he points out.

Alpha Jacob was one of our neighbouring parks and a pack friend, though I don't like having visitors, he's the one I'm less pissed off to have over.

"Now go get your ass ready" I glared at him "I mean Alpha" he chuckled nervously

I rolled my eyes and headed to go change since the meeting was by noon today. That way I was able to get some work done before he arrives.

It took me an hour to be able to finish up before I had to take my meds again, I could Ashton slowly becoming conscious.

"Lucas, Jacob's here" Nate informs me over the phone "let him in" I replied. I adjust my tie, feeling like it was suffocating me, then ripping it off me.

"What the..."

"Alpha Lucas?" I look up, getting rid of the uncomfortable weird feeling and cleared my throat. "Yes come in"

"Good morning Alpha Lucas" Jacob greeted. Oh how I wish it was actually a good morning.

"Yes...same. Please sit" I guestured towards the chair in front of my desk. He took his seat and I sat opposite him.

"It is nice to see you again. It's been a while huh?" He smiled. "It has... hasn't it?" I replied suddenly to feel a sharp pain coming from my lungs, what the heck?!

Ashton must be waking up.

"Al- are you okay?" Jacob asks. "I'm fine" I force out. "Tell me is anything wrong or is there something wrong?" I changed the subject.

He looked at me concerned "I thought I could help you out with the upcoming event since so nice to u-"

"Jacob" I pause him "look I know you wanna help but it's my duty to handle this so you didn't need do all these okay?" Though we're both of the same age Jacob genuinely had respect for which I felt I didn't deserve.