Vanity Fair

"Why are you stopping? We can not stop for Starbucks, Ross." Laura glared over at her boyfriend who was the sole reason why they were already twenty minutes late for the Vanity Fair call time.

Twenty minutes. That was ages to her. Laura was known for being twenty minutes early, not late, so when she turned over and saw the time blinking on her alarm clock, which failed to go off, and double checked her phone, that also failed to go go off, she was freaking out. The night before hadn't been that eventful that they were so worn out and slept way beyond the time they were supposed to. They had dinner, they came home, they watched television, she asked him to go over lines on her movie with him, they went to bed. See, nothing eventful. Nothing at all.

She was still baffled by why both her clock, and her phone, and his too, all failed to go off and wake them up at the right time so they wouldn't be late for the shoot; and him stopping off at a Starbucks drive-thru, which was always, always backed up, was now just getting on her nerves. "Seriously, we do not have this time. There are fifteen people for this shoot. We need all the prep time we can get. Ross, stop turning into Starbucks!"

"Relax, Laur. We'll be okay."

"No," she deadpanned. "No, we will not. Fifteen people!"She glared back at his smirk at her, silently throwing toxic daggers at him from the passenger seat. She hated being late for anything and especially for something related to work. The Vanity Fair shoot was a huge thing for the whole cast to get. It meant the cover, a feature on each of them inside, a photo spread that would be spread all over the internet and media outlets worldwide. It was the first look at the cast as a whole and it was important since the studio had invested so much money in them all; and when Ross shrugged off the fact that they were late, it was infuriating.

Laura stared at him with her tight eyes, watching as he still stopped to get coffee before they hit the highway and drove to the studios. The cast was so big that holding the shoot at a normal photo studio was not going to cut it. Paramount had booked the magazine at one of the empty stages for all the people that were going to be there. Leaving Ross behind as he parked the car and walked like there was no real hurry, Laura ran towards stage seventeen, which, yes, was all the way on the other side of the studios from where they were. Apparently 'late' did not mean the same thing to him as it did to her. She waved down an assistant she recognized from the movie, a little out of breath from her sprint towards the stage.

"You know you're only about ten minutes behind. Not late at all," the assistant explained to her. "In fact, the crew from the magazine is just starting to get set up."

"Wait, it's not eleven thirty?"

"Uh, no. It just turned ten thirty."

Laura turned back around, narrowing her eyes at her boyfriend who was still taking his time walking to the stage and picked up a friend along the way. He had tricked her. Completely tricked her and she was turning infuriated into a livid and 'don't even think about touching me for the whole' day attitude. This day would not be ending up with a New York situation where they were having sex all over the place. This day would end with her locking him out of the apartment if she had to.

"Well, hello Mrs. Lynch," Gale greeted her right as he and Ross strolled up to the door.

"Don't call me that," she spat back, her scowl giving him shivers. "You," she jabbed at Ross's chest. "You had me thinking we were an hour late this whole time. What the hell?"

"I never said it actually was, you just assumed."Laura smacked him in the arm a few times and took his coffee away to claim as her own."Come on, that's my coffee. You didn't want any," his voice followed her inside the stage.

"Because you made me think we were late; and not just a few minutes late, but late late. There's coffee right over there," she pointed to a craft services table they were still setting up. Taking the last sips of the coffee she stole from his grasp, Laura watched Ross sulk over to the table while Gale came up beside her again.