stood up

it was just a week ago when walker  asked me out

it was just a week ago when walker asked me out.

he was nervous, really nervous. he was mumbling to himself and looked a pit pale.

at first i thought he was sick.

but then he asked me, he said 'would you go out on a date with me?' those were his exact words and they have just been circling my mind ever since.

today was the day of my date.

I started getting ready early so i wouldn't have to rush. walker wasn't my first date but i had feelings for him, i didn't want to mess anything up.

i finished doing my make up and my hair. i decided to wear a long sleeved black  dress that stopped at your knees with heels. i put my jewellery on and grabbed my bag.

i noticed that i was a bit late, so i sent a message to walker .

'gonna be running a bit late sorry.'

no reply.

i sighed. i left my house reminding my brothers that i was going out. i got into the Uber that i called for.

once i arrived at the restaurant, i thanked the driver and entered the restaurant.

the restaurant was fancy with dim lights hanging from the ceiling and an elegant ambiance with carefully designed decor that matched the outside.

i was greeted my a waitress.

'hello, may i have the name of the reservation?' the waitress asked.

"walker ,walker scobell .' i smiled at her.

'okay, i'll take you to your table.' the waitress guided me to an empty table. my smile dropped. he wasn't there. i checked the time in my phone.

7:25pm

i thanked the waitress as i sat down. my leg began to bounce. i was worried.

i called walker again but it went straight to voicemail. thoughts began to kick in. what if he doesn't want to show up? did he really want to come? was it just a dare to ask me out?

i decided to wait for time to pass, i started using my phone and went on instagram reels as time went on . i scrolled on my phone for what felt like hours. i looked at the time again.

7:50pm

i saw the waitress walk over to my table. she had a notepad and pen in her hand.

'are you ready to order?'

'sorry ,but if it's possible i would like to wait a bit longer, the other person should be arriving soon.' i smiled at her. she nodded and walked away.

i called walker again but went to voicemail again. i felt a tear fall down my cheek but i quickly wiped it away.

i decided to just go home , i grabbed my stuff and stood up. i walked out of the restaurant only to be met with the rain. i groaned and tried to get an uber but they were all unavailable.

it was just perfect. i had been stood up by someone who i really liked and now walking in the rain. i began to walk home trying to cover myself from the rain.

i arrived home soaking wet. i tried opening the door but it didn't work, my key wasn't working. i heard footsteps behind and i quickly turned around. it was walker .

'y/n.'

i didn't answer him, i tried opening my door again which failed.

'y/n, i am so so sorry.'

'why didn't you show up?' i questioned quietly, i tried to avoid eye contact with him.

'i got caught up with some stuff , i didn't realise the time.' he responded.

i scoffed.
"what stuff" i questioned biting back the tears

he just there and rubs his neck

"what a lame excuse. just admit, you didn't want to go out on a date with me."

"no! not at all. i just was busy i and i lost track of time. please just let me make it up to you."

tears were falling from my eyes. the rain was hitting the ground hard. water was dripping from my hair.

'what makes you think that i am going to believe you won't miss another date again?' i asked him and folded my arms.

he stuttered and didn't reply. i just sighed and walked up to my door again, i tried to open the door again which i managed to do.

i turned around to look at walker.

'y/n. plea-' he walked over to meet me

'don't bother.' i cut him off and closed the door on him. i walked upstairs and shut my door. i slide down the door and bawled my eyes out.

i had been stood up.

—————————————-
should i do this again but reversed??