Chapter 5:

The week following the disagreement, she would ignore everyone who wasn't Pixel or Nya. The ninjas would tell her she needed to train for whatever darkness would come, and Gramadon would try to track her in public if she wasn't near Koko. At some point, she ran into Jay while attempting to avoid Garmadon. Thinking back, it was interesting.

She was walking past an alleyway quickly as Garmadon called after her. He was close, but there was a crowd. She was then pulled into the alleyway, hand on her mouth as she came face to face with Nya's shy boyfriend. "Okay, this looks bad, But don't scream and follow me."

His hand left her mouth as he pulled her down the alley, making twists and turns; the girl followed well, more like he dragged her. Jay was more substantial than he looked. 'Okay respect. Dang Nya knows how to pick them.' Soon, they stopped on another open street. Only then did she realize she couldn't hear Garmadon anymore.

"That was one of my secret routes; only Nya knows it," Jay explained, seeing her confusion. I can make you a pocket map of them. I have tons around the city. Crowds, uh...make me nervous, more so now as I'm friends with Lloyd...Not that I would change it, but it's not a good rep here." He rambled with a shy, nervous chuckle.

"Look, the point is I want you to help us with this whole danger or whatnot, But I understand that pursuing you isn't right." Jay sighs. "if you are scared, I don't mind listening. I am scared often, and ranting to Nya helps me! So uh, I can be that person for you."

"You know, I think that is the bravest thing I have heard from any of you. I will keep that in mind, and i would like to return the favor. I am not a good listener, you can ask Alison..But i can cook...or ..something.." Y/n trailed off in a lame attempt to be of use.

Jay seemed to visibly relax. "haha, Perfect I'll go to you next time it's Coles's turn to make dinner!" He held a smile that Y/n dobbed to pure for the whole of Ninjago.

Later that night, she remembered renting to Nya, saying she should let her know if she needed help protecting Jay. Apparently, Nya found it funny that she now calls Y/n his older sister.

Y/n was currently in the apartment as Koko took the day off. The woman was happy to help Y/n learn more about the Prophecy, having gathered as much as possible. 'Glad to know not everyone in Lloyd's family talks in riddles.' Of course, the ninja and Garmadon made it clear that Koko couldn't know about the whole green ninja thing, and typically, Y/n wouldn't care. Still, she had greatly respected the overworking mother and hated the idea of lying and manipulating her.

Y/n nervously cleared her throat and shifted her weight from one foot to the other. M-Koko had just finished unloading the scrolls, and Y/n knew she had to speak up before it was too late. "Hey, Uh, M-Koko.." Y/n started, but before she could continue, the woman held up her hand, a look of concern etched on her face.

"Something isn't right," she whispered, pulling Y/n into the kitchen and grabbing a frying pan. Suddenly, shattering glass filled the room, and Y/n's heart raced as several masked figures entered, their brightly colored Oni masks covering half of their faces. Koko's eyes narrowed as she assessed the situation, and then, without hesitation, she charged toward the attackers, swiftly striking them with the frying pan.

Y/n stood frozen as she watched Koko fight off the attackers, her movements calculated and precise. She seemed to know exactly how to take down each enemy, and Y/n was mesmerized by her skill and bravery. But as more masked figures entered the room, Koko's expression turned grim. "Lloyd, we need to leave; grab the scrolls and a bag, and let's get out of here!" she shouted, her voice urgent as she continued to fend off the attackers.