𝑬𝑰𝑮𝑯𝑻𝑬𝑬𝑵

𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑬𝑰𝑮𝑯𝑻𝑬𝑬𝑵 | 𝘛𝘏𝘌 𝘔𝘐𝘚𝘛𝘙𝘌𝘚𝘚 𝘖𝘍 𝘛𝘏𝘌 𝘕𝘐𝘎𝘏𝘛 

"Then my hunt shall be all the more fun."

➶ ➴↶*ೃ✧˚. ❃ ↷ ˊ-

THE ROOM WAS HUMMING as medical healers and guards swarmed throughout the room. It was loud. So loud. The sound of feet slamming against the floor, the whispering of those who despised her, it was all strangling her.

The guilt weighed heavily on her heart. A wrathful nightmare she could never escape. Her trembling hands clenched tight, knuckles whitening as her nails dug into the palms of her hands. When she reached her sisters bedside, she fell, knees hitting the stone floor as something vile burned in her throat.

No.

No.

Grasping her sister's hand she squeezed three times. A terribly dark emotion snapped inside of her at her sister's nonresponse to their treasured code.

A hand fell on her shoulder. Comforting. Heavy. Pushing her into the depths of the Great Sea. Drowning her.

"Another attack." Nehemiah mumbled in Eyllwe.

Shimming in her sisters loosely curled bloodied knuckles, laid the Eye of Elena. An item that was supposed to protect her. An item that failed.

"Where..." She murmured in Eyllwe. "Where was she found?"

Nehemia grew quiet and anger bubbles in her chest. Her friend, who she had trusted more than she trusted most... Distrust and anger bubbled inside her, threatening to explode. She hadn't felt this way in a long, long time. It was as if her body was remembering her explosion all those years ago. Remembering and yearning to break free again.

"Her room."

"She's stable for now," a passing healer said softly to her colleague. "But it's too early to tell..."

Those words seemed to send Mia toppling over the edge of whatever balance of sanity she had been balancing. If Celaena died, everyone in the castle would finally understand that the thief was not a young girl, but a creature of the night. A creature that would feast off of their blood.