KiaMei『In The Kelp Forest With A Pretty Tuna』

KIANA-CHAN, WHERE DID YOU GO?»
Silence replied.

«KIIIAAAAANAAAA». Still nothing.

Mei decided to dive again into the water to search more thoroughly for her classmate. Where could she have ended up?

The kelps welcomed the girl with little wiggles.

A shiny fish almost brushed her cheek with its scales, leaving a wake of bubbles behind.

The raven girl followed the trail with her gaze, only to find herself vis-à-vis with an utterly amused Kiana Kaslana.

«Did you see that fish?? It looked like a swimming gem! Wasn't it pretty, Mei-senpai?» she gestured.

The senpai in question was about to scold the white-haired girl for swimming away without telling anything, but all it took was an enthusiastic expression for her to desist. She sighed, pointing a finger towards the surface.

«WE ARE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE OCEAN ALONE? WHERE ARE MISS HIMEKO AND THE OTHERS? MI–»

«Ssst, there is no need to scream like that, Kiana. Look — the boat is not so far away from here», and she pointed at a little white spot in the horizon between the sea and the sky. Kiana looked at Mei with her wide cerulean eyes.

«That is definitely WAY too far away».

«If you had the energy to chase after that fish, reaching the boat will be nothing».

«Chasing the fish was fun tho'».

«Chasing after me is gonna be funnier, then!»
Mei leaped into the blue like a dolphin, leaving the other speechless.
Kiana quickly dived into the water.

Mei was looking at her from behind a kalp; her eyes smiling, her hair fluctuating around her bust and her face. What a view, she looked like a painting... No, better than that, because she was real.

Kiana quickly slid through the kalps, while Mei zigzagged her way through the forest with mastery, lightened by rays of light that shone through the rippled surface like transparent silk. Kiana found her movements majestic and gracious, and smiled a bit, generating some bubbles that tickled her cheeks while she swam through the trail left by Mei.

The latter stopped abruptly. Kiana collided with her back, confused. Then she saw nothing but blue. As if it was a desert in the sea, the sand didn't house any living organism in plain sight.
The two emerged again. Kiana took a deep breath, while Mei sharpened her gaze, then she spoke. «We're heading in the right direction».

«The boat looks nearer than before!»

«See? Your senpai is a trustworthy one» Mei chuckled.
Kiana nodded vehemently. Mei gasped:

«The boat is coming to us...?»

«IT IS. Can we wait here, Mei-senpai?»

«No way, Kiana. We must-»

«Uuuurgh, it would be useless!»

«Kiana...»

«I am not moving. Hmpf».

«Come on, we cannot let our teacher do all the work. That's what an A rank valkyrie would say. Didn't you want to become one?»

«Of course! But no one will hinder me if we stay here for this time».
Mei sighed. «I will hug you all the way to Saint Freya High if you just swim for a dozen of minutes».

«WILL YOU REALLY?»

«Yes, now hurry, Kiana-chan».
The white haired girl didn't even feel a single bit of fatigue on the way back to the boat, all thanks to Mei's promise.

However, she fell asleep in the istant which her head touched her senpai's shoulder, and Lady Himeko put her to sleep in her cabin as a lesson to cherish what she achieves as awake.

Author's corner

Himeko is the real star of this chapter, I love her sm Kiana and Mei are side characters fr

Ya'll the script today is pretty short sooo uhm, don't forget to vote and comment