Chapter 8: Master Ken's intension

Kyle had been busy at work more than ever. She decided to make it up to Arya over the weekend.

Arriving at her apartment she unlocked the door and started getting ingredients for the night.

She planned on preparing a two course meal.

Arya always loved Asian food as the not so but Asian girl she was so she started at it.

Arya arrived when Kyle was making final touches to the desert.

"Master Chef at home," Arya squealed happily after smelling the delicious smell in the air.

Her mouth was already starting to water and her stomach grumbled. She felt like she had been starved for a year and here she was planning on skipping supper as she didn't want to cook. Typical Arya.

"I bet you could still skip dinner , I don't mind finishing this all by myself," Kyle called from the kitchen.

Arya had went into her room to change into more comfortable clothes.

After dinner Arya cleaned up and decided to update Kyle on her life.

"How is your new job Arya fitting in well?" Kyle asked and Arya told Kyle she was working near Rue Ken. She had to listen to an hour of Kyle breathless appraisals to Rue.

Kyle knew Destiny Int'l was founded by Rue Ken but she didn't think Arya would work that close to him. Many Destiny Int'l employees had worked in the company and resigned without meeting him face to face. Not to mention Arya also met him one on one. Rue was one of the famous most eligible bachelors not to mention his early years were marked with his celebrity lifestyle.

When Kyle noticed a little blush that creeped her best friend's cheeks she practically scrutinized her for more information shaking her until Arya couldn't hold her laughter.

"Ok jeez chill Kyle. How can I talk when you are all over.

"So it started on that party we went to," she said her cheeks red .

"A guy mistook me for someone else and led me to his room," she took a glass of water trying to release the pressure in her throat.

"We were both drugged and high and it happened, we then met at work and he just had to remind me. I thought it was just something we both could pretend never happened but he asked me to be his girlfriend," Arya finished her breath heavy.

"Aaaaa!" Kyle screamed joyfully .

"And what did you say!" She screamed at her.

Arya closed her ears. "I said no," she shrugged.

Kyle swore at her.

"He didn't take a no though. So he said he will give me time," Arya said laughing at her friend.

"At least he is not a fool to give up a lady like you," Kyle held her forehead with the back of her hand and sighed dramatically faking a faint.

"You should have pursued acting look at you now," Arya laughed.

"Putting all joking aside , if he messes up with you I don't care I am his fan ...I will be his fated enemy. I promise I will kick his ass," Kyle said fisting her hand.

"I don't know Kyle. Should I give him a chance or not. Will he be like Charles or not," Arya's voice dripped fear.

Kyle came close to her and hugged her.

"That's not an answer I should give sis. It's your decision. Give it time. Know him a little," Kyle said.

" Listen to your heart but don't ignore your intuition. If you feel like giving him a chance do. If you don't, don't feel pressured to," Kyle continued.

"Just know I am with you whatever decision you chose a million percent," Kyle engulfed her closer and Arya sobbed a bit.

"What if he is another Charles or worse? " Arya said heavily.

"What if he isn't or better?" Kyle asked.

"If you later decide on giving him a chance let him help you heal Ary," Kyle said

"How ," Arya questioned.

"By letting him know your past. Set boundaries. Tell him what you expect from him at the beginning of the relationship," she said.

"You sound like a married woman," Arya replied smiling weakly at her best friend. She was happy they no longer had a 'secret' between them.

Kyle updated Arya on her life. Not that anything interesting happened.

"So how was the kiss," Kyle asked Arya for the milli#$oqqq&@@+$+nth being Rue's fan and Arya's best friend didn't help at all.

Arya thought of recoding Kyle on how much she loved Rue. If they end up together she would send it to him and see his reaction.

The following days went by fast. Rue and Arya worked apart for most days. Rue had travelings and meetings to attend and Arya sometimes had shootings away from the city.

Kiyotaka had sent letters to the CEO to allow Arya company benefits. He thought an Ambassador shouldn't be renting an apartment coming to work by a cab. She was yet to be officially announced so, so far it wasn't a sweat she did.

But the problem was it would be hard convincing his boss's boss since he didn't like the idea of Arya there in the first place. He had followed protocol and went to his boss only to be told to go straight to the boss. He had practiced infront of Rue's office several times much to his surprise the CEO agreed in a heartbeat even opting to not only give Arya a company car but a driver as well.

Rue wanted to make sure she was safe and always protected and in his reach. To do so he would assign two of his personal guards as well. Of cause he wouldn't tell that to Kiyotaka.

With the media now aware Destiny Int'l has an official brand ambassador it would mean paparazzi for her every where especially after she is officially announced . Not to mention if they ever know of their relationship.

Tonight Destiny Int'l was to attend a donation auction  hosted by his grandfather's company. The guests were veterinarians in diverse businesses.
His grandfather was donating two million to cancer fighting kids under the age of 18. He had always been passionate about kids even opening a pediatric hospital when Rue turned eighteen as a way of appreciation,
therefore him donating money to cancer patients was not a new thing.

What was new  though was inviting Destiny Int'l as one of the guests of honor. Though it had grown over the past years and had the tittle of one of the big five companies in the city it was still not big enough to compete with the Ken's legacy.

It had been running for generations and now had branches globally. Therefore in comparison Destiny Int'l was a baby company.

Rue was happy his grandfather invited him to this function. It would give him time to be with his granddaddy without being pressed on marriage or taking over his legacy. Tonight he would be just grandfather.

Meanwhile Master Ken made his grandson one of the guests of honor so his brand ambassador would be there and he could have a conversation with her. He wanted to measure her intelligence and all plus he had never seen her face to face so far. He wanted a legit reason to speak with her later. What other unsuspicious reason to talk to her other than as a brand ambassador for his grandson's company.

Let's end here for today. I feel a little unmotivated to write today plus I am very exhausted. See you in the next chapter.

Don't forget to tell me what you think about this chapter and where the story is going 😜😜😜