Chapter 3: Coping

Author's Note: Ayo everyone. Just wanted to say thank you once more for this. Yes there was a bit of a delay in this chapter, but I will try to post atleast twice a week. Please share your patience with this book.

With that said, please, don't hold back critique. If you think something needs to be done right, then say so. Why do you think comments are allowed? It's not only for good stuff.... just don't be too harsh on me.

Anyways, time to find out if Izika is still locked up or if he'll be going for trail.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~••

Locked up. Being locked up for three nights can either good or bad depending with your circumstances. If you're with a loved one and have all the necessities you need, you'd even feel bad if they let you out. However, if you're only eating enough food to avoid death and stuck with two complete strangers... the difference is like night and day.

*pop pop pop pop.*

"So, I find myself here," Hika muttered after letting out a sigh escape her lips as she stretched her arms over her head. "In the company of accused murderers. How delightfully poetic."

Izika sighed and scratched his head.
'Tell me something I dont know...'

Hika was currently floating in the air with her back facing the floor, as if she was resting on a beach chair with her legs crossed. Izika was the floor while facing the ceiling with his thoughts running a marathon through his brain. Nami was exhausted from nights of tearful slumber, laying curled on her side, soft sobs escaping her dreams as she slept on the bed.

Izika turned and laid on his side, shifting his body into a nice comfortable spot which he had found the previous night.

"So... You're a delivery boy?"

Izika opened his eyes to the halfway point. "Yeah... I'm sure you were doing something better than lifting deliveries all day."

"Please," Hika scoffed. "All I do is just stand around and follow whereever I'm needed to be, letting my mind make all sorts of things which help to pass the time."

Izika raised his brows in understanding, seeing that his job was atleast more involving than hers. Being a body guard would be somewhat nice, only guarding one person and enjoying the benefits of travelling alongside the person you're guarding. All you really had to do was just follow the person and make sure that they are safe.

'Easier said than done, huh...'

"..wonder why they only put tracking anklets instead of restraints?" Izika muttered as he drew circles onto the floor.

Hika looked down at Izika's back as she raised a brow. "It's just a trick. Whoever falls for it gets to be arrested and taken away for further and more brutal interrogation."

Izika sat up and turned his head to face her with a raised brow. "More brutal?.."

"Right now, this case is being handled by the Police, so things such as interrogation are nothing but simple questioning and a pat down. But, if the hunters were to take over the case we'd be suffering a lot more compared to this sweet place."

Izika hummed in thought as he scratched his head, making Hika sit up and wonder why Izika's reaction to what she has just said wasn't what she was expecting.

"Yeah, with the way they handle missions I'm sure the way they treat anyone with a criminal record is just step away from death's door."

Hika raised her brows. "Wow, I thought that you'd viewed them as some kind of superhuman who's always there to help with a smile, like some kind of superhero."