Green Eyes

-

I scurried out of our decrepit house, tensing when a floorboard creaked. We had lived in a disgusting shack for almost a year now. Our old house foreclosed when my dads savings ran out and he couldn't pay mortgage. Now I had a Job working in a local convenient store to provide food for myself and most of it was stolen by my father to add to his supply of alcohol. I hadn't heard from my mom since she left, several ignored phone calls after she left proved that she didn't want anything to do with me. I had left her countless voicemails begging her to rescues me from this nightmare I was living in. She ignored me every single fucking time.

-

My shift at the convenient store started at 10 and It was almost 9:30 so I started to walk towards town. I lived in a very small town called Cheshire in the Uk. I kept myself isolated from everyone in it as mug as I could. I remember when I had endured my first beating a few day after my mom left. It was easily the worst thing ever knowing your own father could hurt their own daughter like that. I had ran into town sobbing and there was a boy around my age with a full head of curly hair and bright green eyes. I hadn't caught his name but he took me into his home and had put ice to my black eye and bandaged the gash on my forehead. When he asked me what happened I just told him I fell, little did he know what really happened. As I realized how fucked up my life was, I walked briskly down the street hoping to find answers. Answers how for how I was going to survive until I was 18. Preoccupied with my thoughts I didn't realize I had collided with someone until the scalding hot coffee burnt my skin. I looked up quickly to be met with apologetic emerald eyes. A British accent registered as the ramble of words poured out of his mouth.