03 - Till Death Do Us Part - The bear, the worm

--------------------------------------------------------------
"More than 200 years have passed and I can still hear their screams and their fear-stricken faces, they gave us help and in return we became their nemeses." - Scars
--------------------------------------------------------------

Scars had been walking through the Shadow Forest, having recently departed the village. A rustle a little further in front of her caught her attention and like the turning of gears that changes the mode of a machine, Scars's brain turned the gear and she promptly went into hunting mode. Her senses became sharper, her hearing muffled all sounds that were not referring to her prey, she kept moving forward, her movements were precise, without exaggeration of force or distance and her gaze fixed in front of her, staring at an adult brown bear.

- It looks like dinner is guaranteed. -

Before any movement, Scars noticed clawed wounds on the bear's side, a strange green liquid oozing from it.

- Four cuts in parallel, green liquid, region around necrotic wound, irregular breathing, yellowish and watery eyes. -

- Damn, why is there a Butterfly hunting around here? They shouldn't be expanding the territory now, is it because of a turf war? The Infinite Night? No, there's still at least three months to go until The Night. -

If it were because of a turf war, the bear would have become food, there is only one occasion when a living being survives a Butterfly, when it carries its larvae during the expansion of territory.

- There's only one way to find out. -

While Scars was lost in her thoughts, the bear began to sniff the air and when she finally decided to act, the bear had already noticed her and began to run frantically in the opposite direction to the girl.

"Damn it! Nightwalker's blood." - As much as being covered in Nightwalker's blood helped her scare away predators, the same was true for her prey.

She threw her spear at the bear, made no mention of being in pain or slowing down, and continued even with the spear stuck in his neck.

Scars started running, normally she would have no problem keeping up with the speed of a bear, but this one, this one ran as fast as a racehorse, which further corroborated her thought about the bear being a host for the larvae of a Butterfly.

Every creature has a limit to which its body can withstand physical exertion, there are a few ways to break this limit and one of the most effective and equally dangerous, is to be a host of larvae of creatures of the abyss, the stronger the creature, the stronger the lava and consequently the stronger the host. This is because it is a defense mechanism of the larva, to remove the limits of the body that hosts it in order to ensure its safety.

Scars laughed as he reminded himself of the irony of this, one's defense mechanism is to take away another's defense mechanism.

The bear was getting away from Scars, but its giant body left an easy trail to follow.

-If only I had my real spear here.-

"When I had finally rid myself of the spirits and future debts, here I am, creating a new debt to the gods."

Among the ways to break the barriers of the human limit, there is a contradictory and equally forbidden one, it is safe to the body, but there is a price to be paid by the user, this method is a contract, a future debt to a god or creature strong enough to lend him the power, the amount of power borrowed is at the mercy of the god, And the greater the power, the greater the debt.

"You are the end and the beginning, from you disorder was born, just as the Order was born, another bears the name of the wind, but even this which is called the origin of hurricanes and breezes originated from you, I beg you to lend the power that once belonged to him, but which was stolen by a false god, This poor soul who has lost the path of chaos, asks you for a future debt contract in exchange for a fraction of the dominion over the wind."