Madonna

Y/n's POV

Relaxing back in the bath with some soothing music, a glass of wine and some candles lit I close my eyes as I sink under the water slightly more and can feel every muscle in my body relax. This is my first day off in what feels like forever and as much as I love working for Madonna today has been both earned and well overdue. I've spent the last year helping her prepare for tour as well as touring with her and as fun as it's been my back is completely messed up, I've missed three weeks of my meds which the doctors were not happy about and my sleep schedule is completely out of whack. Shifting in the bath slightly so that I can reach out for my glass of wine I groan when my music stops only to be replaced by the sound of Madonna's ringtone which she had jokingly set to material girl at some point and I had never thought to change it. "Hey Siri, answer call and put it on speaker." I say without opening my eyes as I bring my wine glass up to my lips to sip from it before addressing Madonna. "Please tell me this is an emergency otherwise I will kill you, I don't care if your my boss or not Madonna." I tell her and she laughs before clearing her throat.

"Actually I was wondering if you were free this evening? I have a dinner that I need to go to and I only just learnt that I need to bring a plus one which has left me at a bit of a loss." She says as I put my wine glass back on the stool beside the bath before shifting again making water splash over the side of the bath slightly and I groan slightly. "Are you okay there?"

"I've just soaked my bathroom. Dammit, let me get out of the bath and see if I have anything decent to wear or if I'll need to run out for an emergency outfit. I think half of my wardrobe is still on the tour bus." I tell her as I sit up quickly and instantly regret it as the room spins slightly. "I guess that's why I was told not to drink after missing that many weeks of my meds. Okay, I don't like that at all." I mutter to myself as I slowly reach over to pull the plug out and carefully get out of the bath before pouring the rest of the wine away as I grip onto the sink counter.

"Is everything okay y/n?" Madonna asks and I can hear the worry in her voice making me smile as I reach out to pick up my phone, disconnecting it from the docking station and making my way to my bed slowly.

"I'm fine Madonna, I messed up with some meds by not ordering enough for the whole tour and was told not to drink after not taking them for so long. I stupidly defied that order while relaxing in the bath and feel slightly dizzy that's all." I tell her as I fall back on the bed and hear her groaning on the other end. "Don't even go there Madonna, it was my fuck up and I'm the one that's defying doctors orders. Now what's this about a dinner? I don't remember there being anything planned for today or I wouldn't have taken today off."

"That's because I forgot to mention it to you when I first agreed to go to it and then I completely forgot about it in general until I got a call half an hour ago. I had no idea that I had to bring a plus one until then and I didn't know who else to call on such short notice but if you aren't feeling right then I don't want to put you out." She explains and I shake my head at that with a smile because this woman really is too sweet for her own damn good. "If you do come though and you need a new outfit then I'm more than happy to pay for whatever you want to buy."

"I'm more than happy to come to the dinner with you if it saves your ass Madonna and I promise that I'm fine I just need to actually take my meds and I'll be as good as new in no time." I tell her with a chuckle as I push myself up from the bed and make my way over to my wardrobe, looking through it as I bite my lip only to jump when my doorbell rings. "Who the hell is that?"

"Will you be pissed if I say that it's me?" She asks and I shake my head with a chuckle as I look back over at the phone.

"Not at all Madonna. Give me two minutes and I'll come open the door for you." I tell her as I fix my towel around my body and she hums before the call ends. Looking down to make sure that I'm completely covered I make my way downstairs as quickly as I can but can still feel my body protesting as my head swims slightly. Shaking it off for now I stumble slightly as I reach the bottom of the stairs but quickly steady myself on the side unit before going to open the door for her and she slips in with a smile, fully dressed and ready to go. "There's never a dull day working for you Madonna Ciccone." I say with a chuckle as we make our way back up to my room and she shakes her head with a grin as she makes a beeline for my wardrobe while I make my way into the bathroom to grab my meds. Quickly swallowing two of the tablets I stretch out my back as I let my head fall forward as my eyes close while I lean against the counter with a sigh before slowly making my way back into the bedroom only to find her in a part of my wardrobe I haven't looked in for a while now. "Did you find anything suitable for tonight?"