Death

When Anne's health began to fail, Mary allowed her to live at Chelsea Old Manor, where Henry's last wife, Catherine Parr, had lived after her remarriage. In the middle of July 1557 , Anne dictated her last will. In it, she mention's her brother, sister, and her sister in law, as well as the future Queen Elizabeth, the Duchess of Suffolk, and the Countess of Arundel. She left some money to her servants and asked Mary and Elizabeth to employ them in their house holds. She was remembered by everyone who served as a particularly generous and easy-going mistress.

Anne died at Chelsea Old Manor on 16 July 1557. The most likely cause of her death was cancer. She was buried in Westminster Abbey, on 3 August, in what has been described as a "somewhat hard-to-find tomb" on the opposite side of Edward the Confessor's shrine and slightly above eye level for a person of average height. 

Anne's epitaph in Westminster Abbey, which is in English, reads simply. 

                           ANNE OF CLEVES                                                                                                                                                                   QUEEN OF ENGLAND                                                                                                                                                          BORN 1515 . DIED 1557 

and she was the last of Henry VIII wifes to die and the real survivor.