• 2 •

After a few minutes, Ryu-Jin was woken up by the same lullaby, that made everyone go to sleep

The girl immediately opened her eyes and started looking around, hoping everything would be normal and Heo-Yool's death would have just been a dream.

It wasn't.

It didn't take much time, for Ryu-Jin to realize that it was still night and all civilians were asleep, which meant that it was now time for the mafia to execute someone.

The mafia meeting starts now. Please gather somewhere and discuss tonight's victim. You have time until 6 a.m.

A shiver ran down Ryu-Jin's spine, as she scanned the corridor with her eyes in order to find the other Mafias.

She noticed how So-mi got up, looking clearly disoriented, followed by Woo-Ram and Da-Bum.

As soon as she saw them, she lay on the floor again, not wanting the other mafias to know her identity.

From the moment she got her identity, she started thinking about a smart strategy to win; however, now that the game turned out to be deadlier than anyone could've imagined, she knew that winning was the only way to survive. However, winning also meant killing all civilians, something Ryu-Jin knew she wasn't able to do.

"So you're the other Mafias." The girl suddenly heard Jung-Won's voice.

"Was that just a dream or is Heo-Yool actually...?" Woo-Ram stuttered nervously, clearly overwhelmed by this situation.

"Dead." Joo-Won finished his sentence, his gaze fixed at Heo-Yool's lifeless body. "This can't be."

"How is this possible!?" Kang Ye-Won panicked with evident fear in her voice. "Why is everyone sleeping?"

"They're all civilians." Jung-Won stated. "The rules of the game say, that at night the mafias need to execute someone." She reminded the others.

"But execute means... kill." So-Mi, still staring at Heo-Yool's lifeless body. "Doesn't it?" She turned her gaze to her classmates.

"What's happening?" Ye-Won crouched on the floor, her hands covering her face. "What did we do wrong to deserve this?!" The girl whined.

"Hey!" So-Mi raised her voice and walked up to the girl. "Let's focus on what we can do now."

"So-Mi's right." Jung-Won nicked. "It's not even 2 a.m. yet, so we have enough time to think of a solution, which doesn't involve killing anybody."

She seemed to be the calmest out of all the mafias.

Ryu-Jin listened carefully, noticing how the voices became quieter every second, meaning that the mafias went to another room.

To make sure nobody noticed her, she waited for a few minutes before getting up and slowly walking through the corridor.